Chapter 50: A Much Needed Talk

Around a campfire, Team RNNJR with the addition of Qrow Branwen are shown near it.

All of them were sitting on four logs positioned in a square. Qrow has just finished telling the story of the Maidens to them all..

There is silence and Qrow takes a swig from his flask. He has a bandage wrapped around his abdomen over his clothing, from the wound he gained from Tyrian sneak attack.

Qrow: Really? No questions?

Jaune: Of course we have questions. This is just... a lot to take in.

Pyrrha puts a comforting hand on his shoulder...

Qrow: *Sighs* Sure, of course.

Ruby: So these... Maidens... They're powerful fighters that don't need Dust to use magic.

Qrow: Yeah.

Nora: And there are four of them?

Qrow: Yup. Always.

Ren: Which means that, whenever one of them dies, the power transfers to someone - a female - that they cared about?

Qrow: Whoever was in their thoughts last. Important distinction. Best option is someone we can trust. Regardless, their souls become combined, in a way.

Pyrrha: That's.... a bit morbid if you think about it...

Qrow: It does a bit huh?

He looks down in thought of that..

Qrow: The previous Fall Maiden, Amber, she had been attacked. She was young, inexperienced. And her assailant, who we now know is Cinder, somehow managed to steal some of her power, but not all of it. We were afraid that if we didn't do something, the rest would go to her as well.

Ruby: Amber? Wait.. that name..

Qrow: I take it you still remember?

Ruby nodded knowing what he's mentioning and it saddens her..

Ruby: (Y/n...)

Qrow: Well you're right, because she's the very same Amber you once heard back then... Before the whole Vytal Festuval, she was still in a coma back then but due to a miracle timing, she was saved.... by Y/n..

Ruby: What?

Ruby's eyes went wide along with the others.

Qrow: You heard it, before the Whole Vytal Festival, Y/n managed to cure Amber out of her coma... and not only that... The Fall Maiden's power... despite the rules of their power.. Y/n manage to secure it into himself.

RNNJR: Huh!?

Pyrrha: You mean. He---

Qrow: Yes, Cinder wasn't able to get the power to which WAS a good news..

Jaune: Was?

Qrow: Yes, was as in past tense... because y'know... Y/n is...

He paused letting everyone process this new information..

Jaune: Then that means the power had left Y/n....

Jaune gripped his hands..

Qrow: Who knows, we have no way of knowing.. to where the remaining part went, either it went to Cinder or to someone else...

Silence..

That's what was left after that as they have a hard time proccessing it..

Qrow: Any more questions?

Ruby: That guy, Tyrian... Why was he after me?

Qrow: *Sighs* Well, you definitely painted a target on your back with what you did at Beacon. I told you having silver eyes is a rare trait. And the fact that you were able to use them seems to have upset some very powerful people. Not many people know about the silver eyes. Those that do aren't very happy that one has surfaced.