Chapter 19: Extracurricular

Team RWBY were in Goodwitch's class watching a fight between Pyrrha and Team CRDL and she was winning even by 1v4.

Then Pyrrha slammed Cardin down on the ground before she backflips kicking Cardin in the head as he went flying back with a thud, he shakily and quickly got up a bit but Glynda comes in.

Glynda: And that's the match.

Cardin: Ugh... Lucky shot.

Cardin then falls on the floor defeated with the rest of his team.

Glynda: Well done Miss Nikos. You should have no problem qualifying for the tournament.

Pyrrha: Thank you Professor.

Glynda: Alright now I know that's a tough act to follow, but we have time for one more sparring match, any volunteers?

Glynda looks at the audience of students before she looks at Blake.

Glynda: Miss Belladonna?

Blake immediately closed her book as she look up to see Glynda staring at her.

Glynda: You've been rather docile for the past few classes. Why don't you-

???: I'll do it.

Glynda: Mercury is it? Very well. Let's find you an opponent (looks through her tablet)

Mercury: Actually, I wanna fight,..... her

He points at Pyrrha,

Pyrrha: Me?

Glynda: I'm afraid Miss Nikos has just finished the match, I'd recommend you choose another partner.

Pyrrha: No it's—

Mercury: Oh, okay then, what about him?

Glynda looks over to where he's pointing at to see Y/n who was reading a book as he closed it and looks at Mercury.

Glynda: Y/n do you wish to fight him?

Y/n looks at her then to Mercury.

Y/n: Sure...

Glynda: Very well..

Y/n immediately jump down as Mercury jump down as well and both of them went to on their side of the small arena as they stare at each other.

None of them makes a move as the crowd were so eager to watch this fight, Ruby was getting excited due to how calm Y/n but also worried.

It's been days now since the incident with the Paladin and Roman Torchwick.

That time where Y/n collapses, the girls were very worried but it turns out he was just tired but still.

Ruby just sigh as the green hair girl beside her just watched.

Soon, Mercury took the first action as he lunged at Y/n for a kick while the latter just stood there as he parries it before sending his own kick.

Mercury smirks, delivered fury of kicks to Y/n as he parries them all with his hands while not moving from his spot but he couldn't help but hear some creaking sound but decided not to dwell on it.

Mercury was surprised to see all his kicks didn't even hit him as he back away and looks at Y/n who was holding his collar as usual.

Ruby was surprised as the green hair girl beside her was shocked to see her friend's kick to have been all parried by Y/n.

Mercury: You're good but can you parry this!

Mercury went for another kick but this time, a bullet went shooting out of his heel towards Y/n but he easily dodge it by leaning his body to the side.