We both turned to look over our shoulders at each other. She had a bright look in her eyes.

"He smiled at you?" The question was soft, almost hesitant. "Not a smirk or that fucking smug grin. A real smile?"

I think I was blushing. But I just pictured the smiles Katsuki has given me. The soft one, a week and a half ago. When he kissed me after sparring. This morning after I messed with him as he left.

"Yes, he's smiled at me."

Mitsuki squealed and suddenly was holding my wrists, stuffing her face to mine, causing me to jerk back with wide eyes.

"You guys are gonna fucking marry. Wait - have you kissed yet? You totally have, haven't you? Is he good? He hides his romantic life from me so I don't know if he's experienced or not-"

"Mitsuki, calm down," I cut off her rant. She breathed out slowly and stepped back, dropping my hands and clapping hers together. "As much as I love your enthusiasm, I am not ready to marry yet. I am still seventeen, remember?"

"Okay? Get married when your twenty so I can get drunk with you!" Her eyes turned serious. "And just because you're seventeen doesn't mean you can't fuck. In fact, you probably have a strong sex drive and I see no problem in satisfying yourself. Just use condoms and get a pill, if you would want to - oh, don't be shy, Mira."

I had a bright red face, placing it on her shoulder and sighing. She smelled like sweet apples, and it was oddly calming. I didn't touch her because of meat juice, so I just spoke.

"Do you really like me that much?" She snorted, as if that was a stupid question.

"Of course!" Even though she had a bit of dough in her hands, she gave me a hug. "I might have only known you for a little over a month now, but I care deeply for you. I enjoy you for who you are and your presence I happily welcome."

She scoffed. "Trust me, if I didn't like you, you'd know right away." I laughed at that, my heart warm. I pulled back and breathed out slowly.

I was glad to have her in my life. I haven't had a motherly figure in my life since my mom died. My grandmother hated me, Yuuko was only five years older than me and was at boarding school half the time, and Mrs. Osaka tortured me. 

Hearing Mitsuki tell me she cares about me felt extremely good. Like, way too good almost. I don't want to do something to make her hate me, but I haven't put on an act in front of her, either.

"Thank you, Mitsuki."

"Your welcome dear." She wiggled her brows. "Now, will you answer my questions...?"

I sniffed and abruptly stepped back, acting as if the ceiling was incredibly interesting. "Well, I don't have much to say right now, so I'll get back to cutting!"

"Mhmm." Mitsuki didn't believe me. I turned around and picked up the knife once more while she washed her hands. My eyes caught the flour stained wrist of my left hand as I pushed a strip of steak flat.

It was bare. 

I took the bracelet off of my wrist when I changed at home. I mulled over what Shoto told me the entire time I did my chores, when I got on the bus and when I changed. And I decided I'd take it off.

I'll have it on my for emergencies. A click and my Quirk would be shut off. But, I need to start changing my mindset before I create a bad habit. And, as scared as I am, the people I am around now are less likely to cause me to have a mental break down and have my Quirk rampage. So it's in my pocket for now, and I'll wear it outside the house.

I sighed and focused on the task at hand.

After I finished the slicing and Mitsuki started on shaping the buns I started marinating.