Chapter Twenty-Four: Family Feud

Start from the beginning

After a few seconds, the equipment was switched on, causing electricity to zap the bulking figure into consciousness. Groans became louder and more anguishing until the beast was fully awaken, their veins coursed with electricity keeping it alive as its piercing white eyes made (Y/n) unsettled. The figure stood up and began to take three steps towards (Y/n), speaking raspily but with a strong scent of aggression. 

"Solomon Grundy... Born on a Mond'y... Christened on Tuesday... MARRIED ON WEDNESDAY!!" The zombie snarled, his fist went to hit (Y/n) but got stopped by the chains. 

Resolving his issue by breaking the chains from the crank allowed Grundy his freedom. Grundy roared at the smaller man and made a second attempt at hitting him. (Y/n) braced and ducked underneath the column-thick arm before jumping forward to attack Grundy head-on. 

A simple jab did nothing to irritate Grundy, judging that (Y/n) was not fully physically capable of fighting someone like Solomon Grundy. Picking up a ball and chain, (Y/n) used his strength to swing it at Grundy, only for it to knock the pale zombie into the wall. (Y/n) exerted heavily as he watched the area where he last saw Grundy, now blurred due to the dust that clouded his view on the monster. 

As soon as he saw something move, (Y/n) barely dodged a sharp metal plate fly for his head. He gasped, exclaiming in shock before he jumped forward to lay his offensive on Grundy. This time, he was prepared. The harder he hit Grundy the weaker he felt himself become. While he gave as good as he got, (Y/n) could barely manage to overpower Solomon Grundy. His beating struck some personal trauma within him, reminding him of his fight with Doomsday. 

The overwhelming pain and agony sparked an outburst from (Y/n). A great power (Y/n) suddenly gained, enabling him to repulse Grundy away to give him room to breathe. Pulling strands of hair that stuck to his forehead, (Y/n) glanced from Grundy to the ground beneath him and uncovered a trap to spring on Grundy, to give him the advantage he so desired. 

From the top of the pit, Lyta watched as her father channelled his inner strength and slowly rose up on both feet, his fists clenched and his body ready to act. She had to squint her eyes to focus on the small pebbles and stones that ran up his legs to his dominant arm. Larger pieces followed to form a gauntlet made of rock and stone, his arm reared back, ready to clock Grundy who came charging his way, booming his voice wildly until (Y/n)'s fist collided with his upper abdomen. 

The force of the blow threw Grundy backwards, propelling him to the floor, dazed and weakened by the singular punch alone. Now that he felt such power and adrenaline, (Y/n) walked over to Grundy and dismantled that gauntlet as he raised his right arm up, his hand wide open until he clenched it right before motioning to puncture Grundy's chest to rip out his core. But by a sudden act of retaliation, Grundy groped his right hand around (Y/n)'s entire abdomen, entrapping him like a doll in a child's hand as the zombie weakly crawled over to the mechanism that powered his life force. 

Grundy then proceeded to pull himself up to his feet and jabbed his free hand into the machine in order to overload its power through his body as well as (Y/n)'s as a result. (Y/n) grabbed Grundy's thumb and forced it back so to let his leg slip out before kicking Grundy in the face, freeing him from his iron grip. 

Without realising the extent of its power, the machine blew up in Grundy's face, completely dissipating all the energy he'd gained as a momentary boost. A following explosion threw Grundy's free arm into the machine, barely causing a firm entrapment yet just enough for a weakened Grundy to be immobilised. Falling to his knees, Grundy let out a deathly grown before (Y/n) approached to finish him off until Solomon Grundy was no more. 

Exhausted from the fight, (Y/n) heaved and fell onto his hands and knees. His muscles were sore and his throat was dry, yearning for rest and sustenance to consume. Beside him appeared his daughter. At first, he tensed, but when he realised that she was there to aid him, he was wary. She took him into a lift ascended to the top of the pit, where he followed her through the facility to a metal door that required a passcode. (Y/n) followed her in silence through the door into a refurbished corridor that appeared to be the extension of a secret hideout.