Chapter 43

(y/n)'s POV:

Someone clearing his throat interrupted our kiss with Dabi, still being in that alley.

We parted lips and looked to the side, only to be welcomed with none other than Hawks himself.

"Didn't you say you knocked the heroes out?" I asked Dabi, hitting his shoulder.

"Relax... Remember I am with you." Hawks spoke up before Dabi could say anything. "Endeavor went back to his site because we... 'couldn't find you'."

Anger rose in me. "If you are with us, why the fuck you didn't tell me in the first place that my brother ratted me to you heroes?"

I took a few steps closer, ready to punch him in his face.

Deep down... I am not angry at him. It's not his fault. My brother was the one who snitched, not Hawks.

"I didn't have the chance because this happened only a few hours ago when you texted him back about the place and time. By the way..." He caught my hand which was still in the air and lowered it. "... I thought you said are not together anymore with him." He jerked his head towards Dabi.

Oh right... Last time I met Hawks we were not a couple.

"But we are again." I told him.

"How bad. Thought I could give a shot and ask you out, but seems like you are taken unfortunately." Hawks shrugged.

This time Dabi was the one who was ready to punch him in the face. The only difference between us is that his temper is shorter than mine, so he really did, catching chicken birdie off guard. He fell back on the ground, but stood up with the help of his wings a moment later.

"What was that for Dabi?" Hawks asked.

"Say something like this again and those will be your last words. Stay away from what's mine." He warned, sending a murderous glare towards him.

What a brat... Being so jealous over nothing.

"Geez... You sure are hot headed." Hawks spat back.

Dabi pulled me closer to him by my lower back, obviously defending his territory to show Hawks to don't fuck with him.

"Cut this chit-chat. Why did you came after us?" My boyfriend asked, changing the topic.

Chicken man sighed. "I already told you."

"He came to tell us that we are free to go because Endeavor went back to his site. Didn't you pay attention?" I rolled my eyes as I refreshed Dabi's memories.

He was not so satisfied with my answer because his grip on me tightened. Hawks also noticed it and raised a brow at us.

"Not my business but your relationship seems toxic." He looked me in the eyes.

"Yeah. Not your fucking business, so shut the fuck up." Dabi replied then pulled me with him away from Hawks.

"Whatever..." I heard him say, then he flew away, leaving us alone, but Dabi was still pulling me with him by holding a tight grip over my wrist.

"Dabi!" I called out to him, but he didn't give a fuck so I tried again. "Dabi! Stop! That hurts you idiot!" I yanked my wrist away and rubbed it soothingly where he left visible marks on my skin.

He just turned around glaring at me. "This hurts but flirting with him doesn't?"

"What the fuck is wrong with you?! We didn't flirt!"

"You didn't huh? Well it seemed to me you did. That hurts more than my grip on your wrist (y/n)."

What the actual fuck??? Why is he so worked up above this nonsense shit?