Chapter 5

(Y/n)'s POV:

Days went by since I rejected my boyfriend's proposal... Umm my ex to be exact. He was over dramatic when I told him I don't feel the same way towards him, and that I don't want to bring myself into a marriage right now. I feel myself too young for it. But why do I have to explain it to him? A no is a no.

He keeps on stalking, messaging and calling me all the time. I blocked him on social media, I blocked his number and changed my lock on the door too, because he barged into my home like it was the most natural.thing to do. You know what's scary about this? I didn't give him a spare key! I have no idea how he got a copy of it. He is insane!

I'm getting tired of his idiot acts too. He keeps on stalking me at my workplace too. Sent like a thousand flowers and gave a ridiculous serenade in front of everyone. It was more than embarassing.

"Please please! I beg you! Take me back! We are meant for each other, I love you!" he pleaded to me by grabbing onto my arm.

How did I not see that he is an idiot in the beginning?

I yanked my arm away from his grasp. "How many times do I have to tell you? Stop coming after me! It's over! I will call the police if you don't stop this now!"

He looked down on the ground sadly and I used this opportunity to walk away. I was just finished with work for the day. I'm about to head home and prepare for the halloween party where me and Mai are invited. We are meeting at my place to help each other with makeup and I'm already late.

My phone started buzzing in my purse.

Speak of the devil...

I picked up my phone to answer the incoming call.

"Mai, I'm on my way"

"(Y/n)! Where are you? I waited here already for ages."

"Sorry. That idiot Kyo held me up again."

"Again?"

"Yeah... I'm coming as fast as I can. See ya."

"Okay. Bye!"

I waited for about 5 minutes in the bus stop for a bus when it finally came, then hopped on it and went home. The road to home is about 15 minutes long with it, so it's not that far away.

Searching for my key in the purse inside my apartment building while going upstairs, I greeted my neighbor who lives on the opposing side. She's an old lady, like 70-80 years old I assume and she is nice to me from the first time we met by the way.

I finally found my key and reached my floor. Mai was sitting on the ground scrolling through social media to kill time, but she put her phone away the moment she heard me arrive home.

"Ah, (y/n)! Finally!" she smiled at me. I greeted her back and opened the front door and let us in. She plopped down in the living room on my couch.

My apartment was not that fancy. Everything here was average. That was all I could afford with my job as an assisstant. I was working in a garden shop before which I loved, but the boss wanted more than being only my boss, if you know what I mean... So when I refused his offer to get laid for better payment he fired me.

"Wanna eat something?" I yelled to her from the kitchen, while searching for something to eat in the fridge.

"Nah. I ate a few bites before I came and you know I'm on a diet." she replied.

I took out a little leftover from the fridge and put it in the microwave, then plopped down next to Mai on the couch to wait for my meal to get heated, so I could eat it.