Chapter 17

(y/n)'s POV:

In the morning I woke up in the bed alone. Guess Dabi just left again...

I stretched my limbs and kicked off my covers then took a look at my phone. It's 10 am. I am not a morning person so no wonder I woke up so late in the morning. Also I was exhausted because of Dabi.

I walked to the living room yawning and stretching again and heard water running in my bathroom.

Oh, he didn't leave yet...

Not really caring about it I went to the kitchen to grab something to eat for breakfast. I'm starving because I haven't eaten anything since yesterday morning.

I should stop this bad habit and start eating properly...

Once I found something suitable to fill my stomach I went outside my balcony. I like to eat out there if the weather is nice. Leaning on the railing I looked down at the street. My street is not that busy, since it's outside of downtown. It's silent and I like it here.

Chewing on my food Dabi startled me by calling out to me.

"(Y/n)." I turned over my shoulder. He was leaning on the doorframe, fully dressed. Guess he is going...

"Yea?"

"Just wanted to tell I'm leaving."

"Okay..." Why do I feel sad?

He walked up to me, squeezing my butt and leaned next to my ear.

"Don't forget what you promised to me." He is refeering to Kenshin... Oh god. Tomorrow I will have to face him too. "And I'm looking forward to our next round." he chuckled.

This answers my question from yesterday. We are fuck buddies to him... Nothing more.

I didn't say anything just nodded.

He let go of me and headed for the exit, but stopped at the balcony's doorframe.

"Hey." he called. I turned to him. He just winked at me with a flirtatious smirk on his face, then continued his way towards the exit. When I heard my front door shut I sighed shakily.

I am so fucked up...

.
.
.

Monday came and I was on my way to work. Time to face Kenshin...

Do I feel regret? Definitely...

After I knocked on his door I heard him saying a faint 'come in' from the other side.

Calm down (y/n).

I sighed and went inside his office. He greeted me with his usual warm smile.

"Good morning (y/n)." He was sitting in his chair, already busy with work, but made time to look up at me.

To be honest I don't really mind that he is busy...

"Good morning Kenshin."

I am so nervous. This day is gonna be one of the worst mondays I ever experienced. Thousands of questions twisted my mind.

How will this day pass? Will he try to make a move on me? What will I do if he did? How will he react when I refuse him?

"(Y/n)" I screamed mentally when I heard my name rolling from his tongue. Hope he only gives me a task.

"Yes?"

"Please make a copy of these and hand them to the receptionist on the main floor. She knows of it."

Oh thank god! It's just a task. And even better that I have the chance to be away from him for a small while.

I took the papers out of his hands. I swear that I can feel his eyes burning my skin.