Chapter 12

(y/n)'s POV:

"Would you fancy going on a dinner with me alone next time?"

I needed a few seconds before my mind could process what he just said.

Is he asking me out on a date? If yes, what should be the right answer? He is my boss. Would it be appropriate? Things could go south if I hook up with him, or wouldn't?

"I... I... Um... Well" I couldn't speak properly.

He chuckled "I know what you think. I won't fire you if you don't agree. Your flawless work is honestly needed. I am just unable to let my attention slip away from your beauty miss (l/n). I understand if you think it's inappropriate or unprofessional of me."

He didn't do anything but speak, he wouldn't touch me without permission. He knows how to treat a woman properly. I see in his eyes how badly he wanted to at least hold my hand when he said that, but he didn't.

How does he manage to speak so gracefully all the time?

The big, young and rich Akechi Kenshin is asking me out on a date. If my women colleagues would see or heard any of this what happened just a moment ago, they would explode out of jealousy.

Should I accept?

Maybe this way I could forget Dabi... Kenshin seems to be less troublesome, or not troublesome at all. He is always kind and polite with me. Would it lead me to happiness?

But Dabi... Touya...

Hm... Let's give it a chance. I will see if things go well or not.

I collected myself and sat up straight, facing Kenshin. "I fancy going out on a dinner with you, Kenshin." I told him simply. Okay, I said it... There's no backing up now.

His heterochromatic eyes lit up in excitement "Wonderful. What about friday evening at 7 pm?"

That means 2 days later.

I agreed.

Kenshin asked for the bill, paid for everyone's meal, then we headed back to the company to continue working.

Like nothing have happened in that restaurant, we worked the same way. Nice and professional. I couldn't not notice the small gestures he did during work however. I also felt his eyes on me from time to time but whenever I stole a glance, he looked away.

.
.
.

That afternoon Mai asked me to go to the mall for shopping. Their holiday with Yuki had been postponed to next week so she is still here and I couldn't be happier. At least I can talk about Kenshin with her. Some girly talk.

"Look at this cute hoodie!" She said. I turned towards her and almost died of laughter. She showed me a bright yellow hoodie which had long ears on the top of it, and a pikachu face printed on the front. Exactly looking like pikachu. It was cute, but I laughed anyway.

She put it on and let out pikachu like sounds. We both laughed then. Some people in the shop stole weird glances at us, but we didn't care. We were like this. Fuck them.

"Your humour still don't disappoint me, Mai!" I said to her, wiping a single tear from the corner of my eye which was caused by the amount of laughter.

"I know (y/n), I know you love me!" she said proudly. I did. In a friendly way of course.

Before you think about anything funny.

I was searching for a proper dress for my date with Kenshin. Too focused on searching, Mai poked my shoulder.