Chapter 33

(y/n)'s POV:

"(Y/n), sweetie what's wrong?" My best friend asked me after a few minutes when my crying became a bit more silent.

"Mai... He... He..-"

I started to speak but someone cut me off. "Honey what's with this noise? Come back to the bedroom" It was Yuki. Mai's fiancé and my childhood friend. He yawned and revealed himself as he came to the hallway.

I was still sobbing and I probably look like a mess who just broke up with a boyfriend.

That's what actually happened by the way...

He looked at us hugging each other on the floor cluelessly. "(Y/n)? What happened? You are soaking wet." He asked.

I looked down at the floor. "Sorry for bothering you at this hour. You must be wanting to be with each other and I just disturb you..." I stood up and turned on my heel. It was a bad idea coming here.

They have their own lives. They are civilians and I am a fucking villain. What did I thought when I came here?

"(Y/n) stop! You don't disturb us!" Mai held me back.

"You are as silly as back in our childhood. Why would you disturb us?" Yuki laughed. "But seeing your face I guess this is some kind of relationship problem so I will leave it to you Mai. You are better in these kind of things than me." He scratched the back of his head.

He gave a small peck to Mai and went back to the bedroom. I was left with my bestie.

"Sweetie, clean yourself up first okay? You know where's the bathroom. I'll make some hot chocolate for us until you are finished, like in the old times!" She smiled at me and nudged my shoulder.

I love this girl... She is so sweet!

I nodded and headed towards the bathroom to get rid of my wet clothes and stood under the shower to receive some warmth and to clean myself.

When I was finished, I dried my body and hair with a dry towel, then dressed up into the clothes that Mai gave me. We were almost the same size so her clothes fitted on me well.

I walked towards the kitchen and the smell of Mai's hot chocolate filled my nostrils. She always puts tiny marshmallows in it which I love and she did it now too. There were the two mugs of mouth-watering hot drinks on the table.

She gave me one and we sat down.

"So what happened? I'm worried about you..."

"I don't know where to start, because there were too much information in only a days length." I rubbed my temples while sighing and searched for the right words.

I feel like I am a crybaby for crying over my problems, but sometimes I guess it's alright to cry. It helps me to calm down and it helps me to ease my pain. And this pain I feel now was a bit too much to handle or just to shrug over it.

"It's okay sweetie. Collect your words." Mai stroked my arm to signal me I am not alone. Lately I did so much horrible things, yet she is still there for me. I don't know what I would do without her support.

I took a sip from my mug and looked ahead of me, not gazing at anything in particular, just blankly staring at nothing.

"You remember Kenshin, right?" I asked her.

"Yes. He was your boss and you two slept with each other." She said and I nodded.

"Can I trust you with anything Mai to don't say a word to anyone?" I asked her, just to be sure. I know the answer, but I must hear it with my own ears.