Chapter 11

(y/n)'s POV:

"Oh my god! Is that true? You are so lucky!" My bestie, Mai exclaimed happily. I called her and my brother for dinner to tell them about today's events. Of course leaving out the part where Dabi stalked me again.

"Congratulations sis!" Hiroshi patted my shoulder with his usual wide grin on his face.

"Thank you! I am starting tomorrow and honestly I can't wait!"

"Finally you leave that slut!" The three of us laughed at my friend's statement. She always supports me with everything. Vica versa I support her too wherever and whenever I can or needed. That's what best friends are for right?

We chatted a bit longer after we finished our meals, then I escorted them out of my apartment, because it was getting late. All three of us has to work tomorrow so we all needed to rest.

I went to clean up the mess we caused in the kitchen and sighed tiredly when I was finished. I hate to leave dirty plates and utensils uncleaned.

After a relaxing bath I took out a short and a tank top as a nightwear to wear for sleeping.

After dressing up I reached up to the highest shelf in my closet to take out a box which is full off hairbands and other hair products, and something accidentaly dropped to the floor while I took it out. I put the box aside over my bed and picked up the thing I dropped.

The smile which was plastered over my face the whole day after my promotion faded away when I realized what I was holding.

Remember when me and Mai went to the mall to buy something for Touya as a birthday present ten years ago? Of course you do...

Mai bought the CD we were searching for despite I ran out of the mall to see if Touya is alright, and she gave it to me after the incident anyway...

I gripped the CD in my hand tightly. My whole being started to tremble. I remember that day like it was yesterday. Not so long ago it turned out that Touya was alive all along, but I still feel sad and feel the urge to cry because of the trauma he caused.

All these years he was alive and he didn't tell me in the first place. I don't even understand why he cared to show up in my life after this long period of time.

I care about him, I really do... But the game he plays with me right now is sickening me. I put the CD back to that shelf so I don't have to see it and remember the past. There's no point in thinking about it further by the way. What happened, happened.

I turned off the light in my bedroom, set my alarm and went to sleep.

.
.
.

Arriving at my workplace I used the elevator to go to the top floor. I still can't believe that I personally work for the owner of this place. Let's see how my first day turns out. Maybe I will live better days from now on.

Maybe after some time, Dabi will quit stalking me too...

Why do I have to think about him that much?

When the elevator dinged I headed straight for Kenshin's office.

*Knock knock*

"Enter." He said from the other side. I didn't waste any time and opened the door.

Once stepping in the room a familiar scent welcomed my nostrils. Coffee...

"Ah, miss (l/n). Welcome on your first day! Please have a seat and drink a coffee before you start working."

When I worked for Mrs. Slut... Yea I call her that... I was the one brewing coffee for her. I wasn't even allowed to drink any. And here is Kenshin, the fucking owner of this company brewing coffee for me personally. This job seems to be promising.