Chapter 42

(y/n)'s POV:

The familiar lake caught my sight. My brother was sitting on one of the benches, the one our family used to hang out at. It was under a pretty cherry blossom tree. I remember when we went here and held small picnincs together. Everything was so peaceful back then and I didn't have to deal with problems like the ones I have now.

There was no trace of heroes anywhere, so I approached my brother. He was not facing me so he got startled a bit when I put my hand over his shoulder.

"Hey big brother." I called out to him with a sweet smile to break the ice. I haven't talked to him since that little riot and I have no idea how he feels about me being a villain.

I mean... I know how he feels, but I was a coward to ask him or talk to him about that ever since then.

"Hi little sis." He greeted me back with a barely visible smile over his face.

I sat down next to him and fiddled with my fingers over my lap, not knowing what to expect or what to exactly say to him. It's been a while and I feel like our bond changed way too much to talk like we used to. Too much things have changed and happened. Our relationship will never be like it used to be. Not to mention what would happen if I tried to leave the league. Shigaraki made it clear to never betray them or else he will kill me, but I have a feeling he would kill my only remaining family instead being the son of a bitch he is.

Whenever I think about him goosebumps grow over my skin and the hair on my neck rises, just by remembering how he held me by my neck when I first met him. If he just touched me with his fifth finger, I would be a pile of dust. His quirk is a dangerous one and it's for the best to not piss him off with anything. That means... There's no way to back down from this whole league thing unfortunately.

"So... How are you?" Hiroshi snapped me out of my thoughts. His voice was hesitant and quiet. Starting a conversation seems to be difficult not only for me, but him too.

"I'm... Good I guess..." I gulped nervously before continuing. "How about you?" I was looking at everything surrounding us expect my brother. I don't have the courage to look into his eyes after what happened.

What I feel deep down is guilt. I feel guilty for becoming a villain. I mean... Why did I become one of them? Most of the villains have a terrible backstory. Family issues, childhood traumas, death, betrayal or being thrown away by their own family and the society too and I could continue the list. Every villain has a backstory. No one becomes one for no reason.

In my opinion... Villains are broken heroes...

But here I am... I always had a loving family with the best parents ever. A sibling who I could rely on anytime and despite his stupid jokes he loved me. And I loved him, I still do. Especially that no one in this world remained for me. There's Dabi too of course, but a sibling is a sibling. Nothing can compare to a bond like that. Yeah I lost my parents, but that wasn't a reason to become a villain. If I did knew back then that Kenshin was responsible for their death, maybe that way I would become one because of that. But no...

There's only one reason why I became a villain. A person to be exact.

Dabi... Touya Todoroki...

I realized recently that I foolishly become a villain just because of him. I so badly wanted to be close to him all the time. I chased him. We played this shitty push and pull game all the time, then ended up together for real... I couldn't be happier to have him as my boyfriend. He actually confessed his love for me. Something I longed to hear and feel for years... But because all of this, I disappointed my loved ones.

Mai, my best friend supports me because she knows that I did this because of my childhood love who is known to be dead. I'm sure if my brother knew it too, he would understand as well. However, this is something I can't tell him. Unless Dabi let's me. He doesn't trust anybody for good reason, yet he stepped in and told Mai what's going on. If it wasn't for him, I would have probably lost her.