Chapter Seventeen

Magsimula sa umpisa

Trunks turned, and, sure enough, he saw infected Humans coming at them from all around.

"Chi-Chi! Watch out!" he cried. Unfortunately, it was too late. 

Chi-Chi turned around in time to see a Truffle leap on her. It quickly scratched her, breaking skin. Red blood streamed out as something sliver forced its way in. Gasping, Chi-Chi backed up. She coughed slightly before it changed to a laugh.

"NO!" Goku hollered, trying to get to his wife. Vegeta held him back.

"It's too late, Kakarrot. We have to get out of here," he said sternly.

"But Vegeta!"

"No buts. We have to go now."

As the two older Saiyans argued, the younger ones fought off the Truffles.

"This would be helpful if they would stop fighting," Gohan growled, shoving his daughter and wife behind him. Trunks nodded in agreement.

"These guys are tougher than they look," Nate stated, throwing a Truffle over his shoulder. Emily was behind him, holding Uub close to her. Suddenly, there was a chorus of strangled gasps behind them. When the three turned around, they saw Bulma, Videl and Goten all with glowing eyes.

"VIDEL!" Gohan cried, taking a step towards the woman. As he did so, he let his guard down. The Truffle that he had been fighting took this to her advantage. She slit Gohan's side, causing him to falter.

"Shit! Gohan!" Nate called, sucker-punching yet another Truffle. Trunks looked over in time to see his friend become infected.

"There's too many!" Piccolo told them. "We have to get out of here!"

Nodding, the remaining six made their way over to Goku and Vegeta, who were fighting off Truffles of their own.

"Goku, you need to transport us to the mountain!" Piccolo shouted at him.

"Not without my family!" he screamed back.

Growling, Trunks grabbed him arm. With his other hand, he took hold of Emily's.

"Everyone else grab on!" he ordered. They quickly did as told.

'Piccolo, where is the mountain located?' Trunks sent the Nemakian.

'About fifteen miles south of West City,' Piccolo replied. Nodding, Trunks envisioned the mountain range Piccolo was talking about. Suddenly, the noise of the screaming Truffles around them vanished. Opening his eyes, Trunks saw that they stood at the base of the mountain range.

"H-how did you do that?" Pan asked, looking up at the lavender-haired boy.

"Moon taught me a couple months ago," he replied, letting go of Goku's arm and Emily's hand. Trunks looked around, paling when he didn't see his father.

"Dad?" Trunks asked, looking around again, hoping that he just missed him. But once again, Vegeta was missing.

"He isn't here, Trunks. I'm sorry," Piccolo told the boy. Trunks looked up at the green alien. "Right before we left, a Truffle got him. He let go so he wouldn't hurt anyone here."

Trunks stared at him for a few minutes before slowly nodding.

"Of course... Now, where's this cave at?" he asked distantly. The anger that fueled his words all of a few minutes ago, now drained from his body.

"Not far. Follow me," Piccolo answered, jumping into the sky. He kept his energy hidden so no one would find him.

The others followed suit. Not one talked. Each was dwelling over the loss they had just encountered.

Eventually, they came to a sheer cliff.

"Piccolo, I thought you said there was a cave," Pan said, hoarsely. Her eyes were red from crying and her cheeks were tear streaked.

"There is. It's hidden," he told her. 

Floating forward, Piccolo placed a hand on the rock face. After he closed his eyes, he muttered a few, unheard words before sending off a small Ki blast. Instead of blowing a hole in the cliff, the blast seemed to be absorbed by it. Blue lights streaked across the face, lighting up a doorway. The door slid open quietly, despite being made of stone.

"How did you find this?" Goku asked in awe, staring at the new cave.

"I didn't. Kami did when he was young. Though he decided to only share this with me now," Piccolo explained. He looked back at the five floating forms. "Well are you all just going to float there, or are you going to come with me?"

At this they all seemed to thaw out slightly. Uub was the first one to float into it.

"Wow! It's huge in here!" he called. His quiet voice echoed off the stone, bouncing back to the others. "Come on!"

Slowly, they all entered. Their eyes widened when they saw just how big it was.

"Wow..." Trunks breathed, looked all around him. When the last person came in, Piccolo closed up the door.

"It gives us what we need. I haven't come across something that it won't give," he told them.

"So it's like that room at Hogwarts?" Emily asked, looking at the green man. He nodded.

"Yes, it is."

"That's awesome," Nate stated. The other nodded in agreement.

"So, what do we do first?" Pan asked after a few more minutes of admiration.

"We train. We get stronger. Then we rescue our families along with the rest of the Human race. Baby won't win. I won't let him," Trunks answered, standing tall. "This may have been only been partially my fight, but now it's not. As soon as Baby corrupted Moon, it became personal. I will see this through. Baby will die. Even if it's the last thing I do."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for this one just being a filler, but it's leading up to the big fight! Saiyan against Truffle for the fate of Earth! I can't wait to write it! XD