Chapter 25- A Short Plane Ride

(Y/n) POV

We got onto the plane and settled in for a nice, short 5 hour flight. Yep. Apparently, the underground is a lot bigger than it seems, because we ended up on the opposite side of the country! We're in California, but I live in North Carolina! Time for a nice, hopefully quiet and peaceful flight. Did I mention that I'd never been on a plane before? I'll be fine, but I'm not sure that all the kids are gonna survive sitting next to their crushes for 5 hours straight.

Maya POV

I'm on a plane, next to my themfriend. We're gonna be here for the next 5 hours. What do I do?

"Hey, Al. Wanna watch a movie or something?" I asked my themfriend. "Sure, Aya. Whatcha wanna watch?" They responded.

"Ooh! They have Disney+! There's this LGBTQ+ show about magic that I use to hear a lot about. Maybe we could watch that. I think it was called The Owl House." I explained excitedly.

"Ok. Sounds cool!" Alex said. She put one of the earbuds in and scooted closer. She's so close to me! She's warm. And those freckles are cute. Her eyes are super pretty. They look like the crystals on the roof in waterfall.

I turned on the show and we began to watch. We had had a long day and we were grateful to be able to relax. Alex yawned and closed her eyes. She smiled and leaned on my shoulder. I yawned and did the same. When we woke up, we were in North Carolina.