Chapter 16- I Fail A Spell

"Hey. How do ya like my new look?" I joked as Sans hugged me.

He gasped "(y/n)! You're awake!"

"Don't act so surprised, Sans. It makes it seem like you don't believe in me." I fake pouted for a moment and then became serious. "But anyways... I gotta go talk to the souls so we can figure out how to break the barrier. No matter what it looks like out here, I'm just talking to them in my head, ok?" Sans nodded.

"See ya later, Sans." I winked and kissed him on the teeth. I closed my eyes and focused on the black void where the souls were. I opened my eyes and I was back.

I'm back! So... did anyone get any ideas?

Actually, I've read about this. Alex spoke up. We get in a circle around the last person who fell, (y/n). Then we each say our souls trait in the order that we fell. Then, all together, we say "We, the seven souls, break down the barrier". Do you guys remember the order we fell?

There was a mix of "Sure"s and "Sort of"s and "Um..."s. Alex sighed.

Ugh. Ok. I'll point when it's your turn to say your trait. Lucy, your trait is integrity, ok?

Ok. What's that? Lucy replied.

It means honesty Alex replied sweetly but you have to say "integrity". Ok?

Ok! Lucy agreed.

Ok, souls. I don't know what'll happen if we mess up, so don't say anything except for your soul trait. You can start now. I said, bringing the souls back to attention.

Patience. Kaya said proudly after a moment. Kaya appeared as she said her trait. She was like a ghost that was the color of her soul. She was all light blue, so I couldn't tell her skin tone or hair color, but I knew it was her.

Bravery. Chad came after. He appeared.

Integrity. Little Lucy chimed in as she showed up in her tutu.

Perseverance. Alex said next as her big, round glasses appeared.

Kindness. Tory happily stated while she faded into view with a frying pan.

Justice. John said plainly. He appeared with a cowboy hat and an empty gun. It was my turn.

Determination. I said. Everyone paused for a moment before we said the last part.

"We, the seven souls, break down the barrier." We said out loud. There was a blinding flash of light and then I was back in Sans's arms. "How'd I do?" I asked, startling him. He looked down with a look of disappointment.

"(Y/n), it didn't work." He said, as if he was afraid to disappoint me. I looked up. No sky. Just black. Why didn't it work? Wait. What if..? I had an idea.