Chapter 22- I Guess I'm In Love

Maya POV

"Well I guess that's settled then" I whispered in embarrassment. I forgot to let go of her hand! Why would I do that? Well... at least she didn't care.

"Ok, guys!" (Y/n) yelled. "We're very far from home! I'm gonna use my emergency credit card to buy us plane tickets and then we'll get you guys settled in, ok?"

"Ok, Ms. (y/n)!" Tory said.

"'Ms.'?" (Y/n) asked.

"Well... yeah! You're older than us and you're the closest thing that any of us have to family!" John explained.

"Just call me (y/n)." She said sweetly. "You can call my moms 'Mrs.' though."

"You have two moms?" Lucy asked, confused.

"Yeah, actually. It's pretty cool." She smiled.

"Um... so you and Sophia are-?" Alex started, not wanting to make any harmful assumptions.

"Adopted? Yeah. I don't know who my biological parents are, but I don't really care. If they cared about me then I wouldn't have ended up in the adoption center, so I don't want them in my life." She seemed to be angry at the people she supposedly didn't care about "ANYWAYS- the airport is 10 minutes away from the base of the mountain since this is such a popular tourist attraction. We're not gonna be able to avoid the press, so look confident and get in pairs. AKA find your crush." She looked at the kids surprised faces. "Uh huh. It's not that hard to tell. Now grab your buddies hand... and don't let go." The kids were all blushing and possibly in shock. They were all holding hands with their crush and smiling goofily. (Y/n) turned around and rolled her eyes.

"Did you guys not have time to figure all this love stuff out before now?" She sighed sarcastically. The kids (including Alex and I, this time) all blushed at the word "love".

"Speaking of your time as souls..." (y/n) began " ...could you guys show each other what you used to look like?"

"Yeah. I thought Lucy's tutu was really pretty." Chad said.

"And I thought Chad's bandana was cool." Lucy added, looking at Chad. He looked at her at the same time and they both blushed and looked somewhere else. Everyone was still holding hands. I remembered what (y/n) had said about love and I suddenly had the urge to tell Alex- something related to that. But I was scared and I had no idea what she would say. I looked nervously at (y/n). She saw me and nodded and gave me a thumbs up. Ok.

"Hey, Alex?" I said suddenly. I was glad the kids had started talking because I didn't want them to see this.

"Yeah?" Alex looked up. They were so adorable. I mean-! There's no saving that sentence. Anyways, Alex looked up. I pecked them on the lips.

"I love you." I mumbled, blushing and staring into their eyes. Alex looked surprised for a second and then they smiled.

"I-um... I love you too." They finally said. Alex tilted my face to look at them. We starting leaning in.

"Ew! Alex and Maya are about to kiss!"