Chapter 6- A Walk And A Blush

He looked at me for a moment and then turned blue. I was shocked and I began to blush as well.

"It's been a while. Hasn't it?" I giggled.

"Yeah." He shrugged, looking away. I could tell that Sophia was trying to find a way to save us from the awkward moment. I don't know what I had expected, but it had been a lot more friendly.

"So... where's Papyrus?" Sophia asked Sans.

"Oh yeah. You liked him didn't you?" Sans teased. Sophia started to blush.

"Well... uh. Yeah. I guess. I don't know. We haven't seen each other in so long..." Sophia trailed off as she began to blush even more.

"Don't worry. He talks about you at least once a year. We were talking about you earlier, actually." Sans informed her.

"Oh. Um... that's nice." Sophia seemed to not know what to say, which was quite unusual for her.

"He's up ahead, looking for humans to catch. He always ends up befriending them, though. So you'll be fine." Sans said as he began to walk. I ran to catch up to him and we walked in silence for a little bit. Our fingertips brushed as we walked. I didn't think much of it until Sans grabbed my hand. I looked at him in shock as we continued to walk.

He was quiet for a second and then he said "What? You know you were thinking about it." He looked at me. "Weren't you?"

"Yeah" I gave his hand a quick squeeze "Thanks" I added awkwardly. We both giggled at the awkwardness of that. I looked back at Sophia. She was about 7 feet behind us, trying not to spoil our moment. We got to an open field of snow and stopped walking.

"Papyrus should be here soon." Sans announced, loud enough for Sophia to hear. She began to smile and look excited. I leaned down to whisper in Sans's ear hole.

"It's obvious she likes Papyrus. We need to do what they did to us so that they get closer!"