Chapter 5- The Day We Met Again

When I woke up it was dark outside. I couldn't tell if I had slept a lot or a little since it was dark when we got here, too. I checked my phone, which somehow had 100% battery. It was May 23rd 7PM! I had slept 18 hours! I looked over at Sophia's bed and realized that she was waking up as well. She sat up.

"What time is it?" She asked groggily.

"7..."I started before Sophia cut me off.

"Only 7? I felt like I slept longer than that!"

"7PM." I clarified "on the 23rd of May."

"Oh" Sophia mumbled "that sounds about right."

"We need to leave so I can find Sa- I mean so we can find Sans and Papyrus." I told Sophia. It was less like asking her if that's what we should do, and more like me telling her that was what we were going to do.

"Ok!" Sophia perked up. She was smiling and I could tell she was excited to see Papyrus again. We hopped out of our beds and put our shoes on. Then we went downstairs to tell Toriel goodbye.

"Good evening, my children!" Toriel said happily as we walked into the living room. Her living room had a recliner, a fireplace, and a bookshelf.

"Good morning, Toriel." I decided to cut the crap and get to business. "I'm sorry to cut our stay short, but we have some friends that we need to find. Do you know where we could find Sans and Papyrus?" Toriel looked shocked for a moment before she answered.

"I've never heard of Sans, but a jokester on the other side of the door said that his brothers name was Papyrus."

"Wait." Sophia looked confused. "You know the name of the jokester's brother, but you don't know the name of the jokester?"

I thought it was strange as well, but I don't want to intrude into Toriel's personal life.

"Well... yes. We tell jokes by the door that leads to the outside world. The door that leads to Snowdin."

"What's Snowdin?" I asked.

"Well, my child, Snowdin is a town full of monsters, where it is always snowy. And perhaps the jokester is this 'Sans' that you are talking about." Toriel replied.

"Thank you so much, Toriel. I'm so sorry that we couldn't stay longer." I apologized.

"It's quite alright, my child." Toriel said calmly. After she hugged Sophia and I, we walked down the stairs to go to Snowdin. We walked down a long purple hallway until we reached a big door. Sophia put her hand on the doorknob and hesitated. I know she was scared to see Papyrus after all these years, because I felt the same way (about Sans, not Papyrus). What if that was just a silly crush? What if he doesn't like me anymore? What if we're just not meant to be? Neither of us moved or said anything, but i knew the same thoughts were running through her head. Then I placed my hand on top of Sophia's and twisted the handle. Cold air hit me like a wave as we stepped into the snow. We shut the door behind us and walked forward, until suddenly, a branch snapped behind us. We were being followed.

"Hello?" I called out. I didn't let my voice shake as I spoke. I sounded strangely confident even though I was terrified. Then I heard a voice and I spun around.

" Hey, human. Don't you know how to greet a pal?" The voice was deep and the monster speaking was short and wore a blue hoodie just like...

"Sans?" I asked out loud, without thinking.

"Huh!?" He snapped his head up. His hood fell back and I was proven correct.