I nod. "Where did you go last night?" I ask.

He grins. "Went to Luke's party. We only just got back. Marie is a little hungover."

I shake my head, grabbing the peas. "I can do it, thanks."

He gives my cheek a light pat. "You need to be more careful."

I poke my tongue out at him. He walks out the room, closing the door behind him. I sigh, going over to my wardrobe and picking out a plain black wool jumper with some skinny jeans. What can I say? All I own is black skinny jeans.

I wring out my hair a little before pulling it back with a red bandanna. I grab my notebook and Ali Smith book that Marie and I thankfully finished reading yesterday before she went to the fields. 

I walk out the room, biting my tongue to stop from crying out from the pain and go to the kitchen, grabbing a bowl and pouring myself some granola, popping some blueberries inside it and sit down at the island.

"Did someone hurt themselves?" Marie asks, walking into the room with slight bags under her eyes but an easy smile on her face. 

I pout, nodding a little before taking a bite of my granola. 

"It's Louis' fault," Zayn chimes in, flipping the kettle on and grabbing the box of coco pops.

"Oh, knew it would be my fault," Louis bites out from behind me. "Grab my mug, will you, tit."

Zayn turns, grabbing Louis' green mug with the duck on the front, dumping a teabag inside. 

"May I ask how it's Louis' fault?" Marie asks, popping bread into the toaster.

"He pounded on the door and it scared me," I say to her, not giving Louis eye contact, though I know he's staring at me, I can see his blue eyes bore into me from the corner of my eye. 

I can see him roll his eyes. "You were in there for ages, I was about to piss myself."

I don't reply, just finish off my cereal and wash the bowl, placing it on the drying wrack. I walk back into my room, grabbing my phone and sitting cross legged on the bed. I click the call button and it rings for a moment before it connects and mum's face pops up onto the screen. She grins at me, waving.

"Hi, sweetie, how's it going?" She asks, sipping at a cup of tea.

I nod. "It's alright. I fell over, just a moment ago." I lift up my jumper, bringing the phone over to my side and she hisses at the sight. 

"That looks painful, did you add ice to it?"

"Yeah. Where's dad?" I ask, biting at my thumbnail.

"He's here. Robin! Harry wants to see you!" She yells off camera.

Robin, my stepdad, comes into view then, over mum's shoulder and he grins toward me with a wave. "Hey, kiddo, how're you holding up?"

I shrug. "I finished the book I'm meant to finish by today so I call that a win. How's everything your end?"

"All's good here. Gemma's coming back for a few days this weekend. Maybe we could come down to visit?" He asks and I smile with a nod.

"I'd like that. I miss you guys," I admit, looking down at my jeans and picking at a small fray of thread from the inside of the leg.

Mum sighs a little. "We miss you too, love. So much. It's so quiet in the house now that you're gone."

I roll my eyes. "You're sounding like I've past away," I mumble with a slight grin, looking up into the camera before looking back down again. 

Robin chuckles. "You're too strong to die yet, kiddo, I'll be first going."