Wee Lass

Merida and Hiccup were inseparable. They were 16 at that time when they shared that special moment. Her family moved back to Scotland in an emergency and they lost all contact with each other.

Hiccup was heartbroken and after a few years, he moved on and got married to Astrid. It's been 5 years and Merida has finally returned.

"Hiccup! Someones at the door!" Astrid yelled from the kitchen. Hiccup heard her and dusted his pants off from working on his motorcycle. He cleaned his greased hands on a towel that was in his pocket and opened the door.
"Merida?" He said scanning the women-like figure that was astoundingly different from 5 years ago.
"Oh perfect! Aye finally found ye! I went to yer mum's house and aye they said ye moved and aye asked around and they told me ye lived ovar here. Aye'm back!" Merida laughed hugging him.

"Umm... Mer there's someone you should meet." Hiccup called out to Astrid.

"Yes, Hiccup?" Astrid said walking out from the kitchen holding her pregnant belly.
"Oh um aye'm Merida. Hiccup's friend. Ye are?" Merida said shaking her hand.
"I'm Astrid, his wife." She said grabbing Hiccup's arm.

"Agh this is a wee bit awkward." Merida laughed.
"Well um aye wanted to invite Hiccup to have a coffee some day. Ye can come too, of course, but this is kinda personal." Merida played with a loose curl from her braid.

"Okay well nice meeting you Merida. I'm going to get back to the stew." Merida politely waved as Astrid walked back.

"What is it Mer?" Hiccup said rubbing the back of his neck.
"It's about us." Hiccup sighed. He never imagined him having to say this to Merida. His first everything.

"There is no us." He paused and took a breath. "We were kids and we had our fun. Im an adult and I'm married with a baby on the way. There can't be an us." He stopped to scan any emotion on her face, but failed.

"Do ye think aye haven't noticed. Well anyways, this is really important so please show up at  Rapunzel's café at 9:00." She hugged Hiccup and walked away into her car.
Hiccup was really nervous. What was so important. He told Astrid and she was doubtful at first but agreed. On one condition, he was to tell her everything. He didn't really sleep that night and he remembered that night he spent with the redhead.

"I was stupid. And young. I wasn't thinking." Hiccup thought to himself. He didn't regret anything. He loved Merida, but he had moved on.
He put on a nice shirt and some jeans. He didn't want to dress up too much.
He rounded the corner and saw through the café window Merida. That wasn't what made him stop the car.

Next to Merida, was a little girl that was about five years old.