Lace up your shoes

"It's not us, Hiccup. It's our dads." Merida said trying not to cry. Her 18 year old heart was breaking. Her parents vowed to send her to Scotland to live with her grandparents if she didn't stop seeing Hiccup. Her mother was smiling so was Hiccup's dad. Hiccup was devastated. He leaned in next to her ear.
"Saturday 2 am." Was all Hiccup said and left.
Merida was secretly packing stuff into her backpack. It was Friday and Merida said she was going to go to sleep at 10. Her parents were in bed at around 11:30. Hiccup was going to be here in a few hours. Headlights engulfed Merida's bedroom at two in the morning. It was time. She got out her window and slid silently down the roof and stopped as she got to the gutters.
"Jump."he whispered. She closed her eyes "one two three." She said to herself. She fell for a short second and quickly landed in his arms. His smell drowned her. She was happy in his arms. There serene hug was interrupted by the porch lights turning on and someone struggling to open the door. They ran as fast as they could into the car and left their worries behind as the car schreeched down the silent street. No one knows where they left to, but she was happy. Hiccup was the happiest.
Inspired by this song by We The Kings :)