Chapter 70

Anna's POV
"She hasn't woken up yet." I mumbled playing with Katelyn's hair.

"She will she's just probably... weak or tired." Eva said as she was sitting in the chair I originally was in.

Logan and Jaci went to get food while Lola and Madison were sitting on their phones waiting for Katelyn to wake up.

It was a few minutes later when I felt someone moving around.

"Hey." I whispered and she looked up.

"Hi..." she mumbled not moving her body.

She laid there not moving still laying her head in my neck.

"Hey what do you wanna eat?" I asked her.

"Subway." She mumbled in my neck.

"Right subway... wait what?" I asked her.

"Why do you pick subway?" I asked her knowing I told her to pick subway when she was still in the coma.

"Sounds good right now." She mumbled and I nodded

I got everyone's order in and sent them to Jaci.

"Ms. Gray!" We heard seeing Doctor Coulson walk through the door.

"Results came back and Your gonna be perfectly fine." He said.

"That's good." She mumbled.

Logan and Jaci came in at a good time setting the food down and waiting for the doctor to leave.

"The final question though... am I able to do soccer?" She asked sitting up.

"I'm sorry Ms. Gray but no... not for awhile you won't. Your spine has take damage so much it needs to heal for awhile." He said and I looked over at Katelyn.

She was frozen in place and didn't move. Her eyes were just about to water.

I out my hand over her and connect our fingers as she tightly grasped onto my hand.

"Katie? You okay?" Lola asked.

Katelyn didn't say anything. She didn't move an inch.

Knowing she heard a sentence in her life she never did want to hear ever. She's probably broken at the tip of his words.

Logan's pov
Like said... soccer was one of the most escape of reality she used.

Now that is gone she basically can't do anything but sit at home or go on walks.

"Ms. Gray... there is still a chance you can play again... but not for awhile. Take a rest you've played a lot in your free time." He said.

"It's just a sport..." he said leaving the room.

It's not just a sport. It was the only thing that was there for her in times of need...

When Anna left her she used up all of her time on the field. When our parents and I wasn't around I would find her on the field. She played on the field and continued to play when mom died.

Soccer has always been her number one priority in times like this.

Every minute on any soccer field it was her escape. Every minute... of every day... of every year... soccer was her number one reality escape.

"Hey... Katie..." I heard seeing Lola in front of Katelyn.

Lola's pov
"Let's let the subject rest. You know? You've worked hard in soccer and I genuinely don't think you can't get any better at it." I said.

I lifted her chin up with my finger. I wiped the tear coming off of her cheek.

"And I know it's not just a sport... but Katelyn if you wanna play again you have to let it rest." I whispered.

Her eyes were darkest of her times. The darkest black I've ever seen.

Normally her eyes are hazel... but they've been dark for awhile. She just never seems to get a break....

She looked away from me not wanting to make any more eye contact.

Letting out a small sigh I sat back in the chair leaning my head against Madison's shoulder.

Anna's POV
"Hey bubs..." I whispered wrapping my arms around her waist.

I gave her a small pull telling her to move backwards.

She did. She laid her head on my shoulder closing her eyes and fell asleep again.

A/n

October has been so fucking shitty... :/