Chapter 4

Katelyn's pov
My brother went back in while I stayed outside to calm down.

"Omg I just embarrassed myself in front of the new kid. AND HER BROTHER!" I yelled slamming back into my seat.

I don't want to go back in. I'm gonna make a fool of myself and Anna is probably gonna think I'm fucking weird.

I sat there just spacing out and overthinking.

"Hey you okay?" Someone asked.

I turned to see Anna.

"Holy shit! Okay don't scare me like that." I said jumping a little.

"Oh sorry... I just wanted to make sure you was okay... you kinda got off in there." She said pointing the house.

"Yeah- sorry... I don't know what came over me. I'm really sorry." I tried apologizing.

She came over to my side and I rolled down the window.

"Your breathing is shortened... are you okay?" She asked as I realized my breathing shortage.

"Yeah I'm fine. I just need to breathe..." I said.

"Here I'll be right back." She said and I sat in the car.

It was few minutes before the passenger door opened and Anna got inside.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Were going to get ice cream!" She said happy.

"Umm okay..." I said as I drove to the nearest ice cream shop.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Cookies and cream!" She said.

How could this girl be so damn happy?

"I'll take a cookies and cream ice cream and a chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream." I said and gave them my card.

"Hey can we go to the beach?" Anna asked as I looked to her.

"The beach? Don't we have to go back to your house?" I asked grabbing the cones.

"Nope. We are free for the rest fo the day. You don't have to go back in. I-I mean unless you wanted to go back." She said stuttering the last few words.

"Wow Anna Shumate stutters?!" I asked and she playfully pushed me.

"Shut up." She said laughing.

I took her to the beach and we both walked down coastline while eating out ice cream.

"This is really fun..." Anna said eating the last bit of her ice cream.

"Yeah it is." I said finishing my ice cream.

"Cmon sit! Sunset setting!" Anna said pushing me down.

I sat down and we watched the sunset set until it was completely dark.

I wasn't paying attention cause after Anna had her head on top of mine behind me. She had her arms wrapped around me on my shoulders.

"Anna?" I asked looking at her.

"Yeah?" She replied

"It's raining..." I said putting my hand out feeling water droplets.

"It's gonna start pouring." She said.

Like she said it started pouring rain.

"Cmon!" She said dragging me and we were both running.