1-Prank call [Reviewer Sasha]

Reviewer Sasha TAEis4JUNGKOOKs_smirk

Title:: prank call||ksj

Title:: 3/5

The title can lead to many different ideas. Sometimes people won't get the connection between the title and the story. Audience might also think that because it's a prank call, the book might be a funny one, funny+serious book or just something else. Your book comes under the 3rd one.

You don't have to change the title at all. Just remember to give a connection between the title, cover and the story.

Cover:: 3/10

The cover is very simple. It did not attract me at all. The title/font size on the cover was also quite small. It's unreadable.

I would suggest if you used a full picture or half picture of Seokjin instead of the close up pictures l. It will make people get attracted towards your book. And it'll also help to know as to who is the main character of the book. You can get your cover from either a cover shop or just use a full/half picture of Seokjin and change the filter.

As for the font, it will be better if you use such fonts which makes the alphabets look thick and has a style. It can be either 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓼, 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀, 𝖔𝖗 𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘. Don't forget to put title, caption(if you want) and the authors i.e your name or username. It'll help people in recognising your books quickly.

Blurb:: 5.5/10

The blurb was a bit long for me. Blurbs are supposed to be short, intriguing and unique. People sometimes open a book because they find the blurb very attractive and intriguing.

And I thought that your blurb was surely intriguing but just make it a bit smaller.

First impression:: 2/5

I'm being frank here, it didn't attract me that much. It was so simple that it made me rethink if I should read it or not. Let's forget about the title, cover and blurb. I hope you can remember the points I said earlier and work on that.

Other than that, It's nice that you have put up intro and prologue. Some authors don't do that and people continually ask questions about what is this, why did you write this, when the first part of your book is literally about all the warnings, who's who and etc...

Plot:: 10/20

I couldn't quite understand the plot properly. The story wasn't quite moving forward. The fact that Jin is basically cheating with Sunhee doesn't sit right with me. I don't understand this story line at all. The main male character is cheating on with a main female character. This is also a cliché concept.

Flow:: 7/10

The flow of the story was smooth with no constant change in point of views(POV). I like stories which are text based. And when it's a text based story, it has to be funny and your book has some funny moments in every chapter. The length of chapters were also balanced nicely. But I will suggest you to put the name of the person who talks. For example in the first chapter, Taekook, Jimin, and Sunhee talk with each other but I couldn't understand who was saying which dialogue.

Ex::

"Now we all are here, what you wanna say?"

"I was asking to do something. Something fun."

"Movie?"

Here, it would be better if you write who's saying which dialogue so that the readers will not be confused.

Grammar/vocabulary:: 7.5/10

I personally found very few to no mistakes in your book which is a plus point. Because if the grammar is not good then the audience will lose their interest completely.

Emotions:: 6/10

Your book portrayed the emotions of Sunhee better than the emotions of Seokjin. Hatred and sarcasm were the two things Jin was oozing. Other than that his emotions were not shown properly.

You should write at least a few lines of how Jin feels towards Sunhee. Like does he feel guilty? Does he feel shy? Or does he feel overconfident?

I would suggest you reread and check the chapters before publishing.

Character development:: 5/10

The story is still on-going. So I couldn't really find a development in the characters of your story. You described the feelings and inner conflicts of characters well but like I said, I did not find any noticeable character development in the relationships as of now.

Writing style:: 6/10

The writing was rather bland, but it is easily fixed. Read every chapter, every line out loud and note down where you find the need to improve. Don't use the same, simple words over and over and instead use synonyms. It'll help in making the sentence sound better. Proofreading is the key.

Enjoyment:: 2.5/5

I personally did not enjoy the book as much. But maybe I can read it again if you remember to improve and make fewer mistakes. Also I noticed that there were a lot of bad words like whore, slut etc.. considering the main theme of the story. But some readers do not like such words. If the usage of such words were fewer, then it was fine. So try to reduce that too.

Overall:: ⅗

Please don't take the marks and the criticism that seriously. There is always room for improvements.

Total: 60.5/100

______________________________________

Hope you will take the words and marks into the consideration and will let us see a better version soon.