8- Petrichor [Reviewer Rabi]

Book: Petrichor

Author: kimsuga86

Reviewer: Rabi rabisworld02

Title: 3/5
First of all, I was unable to get its meaning. The relation between story and title is understood when the reader knows the meaning behind the title and it's purpose of being used. I had to search its meaning on google first then went towards the chapters. If we talk about its relevance to the story then I think it gives the same vibes of slow burn of pleasing scent after rain. It matches the story and after knowing its meaning, I think its good.

Cover:7/10
The complexity of the cover doesn't matter but relevance does. But its just a simple picture with no creativity. I might miss it while scrolling down the stories. Cover is one of the important factors which causes readers to read the book. But your cover didnt give me those vibes or excitement. But I admit that it gives you a sad and unique vibes which is according to the title as well as the story.  It matches the story line and thats what matter the most. But I think, you should work on the creativity and make it more catchy.

Blurb:3/10
In this factor I would like to voice out that the blurb you used is not something to be called perfect. Its only a line and doesn't give us any hint regarding story, plot and theme. It is not catchy enough as well. The blurb is one of those factors which catches the reader's attention after title and cover. But your blurb is not something which could cause someone to stop and read the book. I font know if it is related to the story as well because you haven't given any description and minor detail about plot in blurb. To make it unique and stand out

1st impression: 2/5
If we count it from the cover, title and blurb then I would say that it didn't put a good impression on me. Cover, blurb and title all were too dull to catch my attention. I admit that the title still attracted me bit I was not excited to read the book. After that, let's come to the 1st Chapter.

It was boring and didnt give me excitement to continue the story. It was a typical start of any college au, where one of the leads is late and other one makes him/her more late. However, as I goes through the next few chapters, I was quite impressed by your writing style.

Plot: 14/20
I find nothing extra ordinary in this book. A typical college au. These were my thoughts while reading a few first chapters. But as I moved on and found more and more about characters and dynamics, I was impressed. The execution of events is well balanced and doesn't mingle with each other. Even though the plot us a slow burn and one event is described in 2-3 chapters, it still did a good job.

But I don't see any twist or major u-turn in this plot. It is a quite simple and slow burn book with detailed explanation of characters and events. This matches the choice of title q d cover, I wouldn't suggest you change any thing or add anything in your original script, but I think, to make it more interesting you should take an idea or a suggestion from it books, under many communities.

But the open ending you choose left me awestruck as well as unsatisfied. I really hope you would update a few parts more to let us know what happened next.

Flow:8/10
Flow is well managed. It is balanced equally and doesn't break or disturb the interest of a reader. It is smooth and deals with events and situations accordingly. Even though the pace if the story line is slow but it matches perfectly.

Grammar: 6/10
Grammar has two parts. One counts "Tense use" while the other one count "prepositions and their usage". You are pretty good with the first part but your grip on phrasal use and preposition is pretty bad. Such as the word you have used is "Annoyedly". According to grammar and rules, this is not even a word. To describe the annoying tone and feelings of a character, you should have used "Annoyingly" which is the right term for the word "Annoy".

After that, there are many phrasal error in your books. Phrasal errors mean the way you used a few terms and sentence structure. Such as you have written:

"Helped you stand" here in this sentence you should use "to" after using the helping verb according to the grammar. The correct sentence would be "Helped you to stand".

After that you wrote: "Quote crowded" according to the sense and usage of previous phrases you should have used "Pretty crowded" instead.

Just like this, there are many phrasal errors and mistakes seen in the chapters. Even though these mistakes are unpredictable and a common reader can't find it but for someone who knows in and out of these mistakes and usage, it is pretty hard to read as it breaks the flow of the story.

Hope you can edit them.

Emotions: 6/10
Your writing style which mainly consists event management and dialogues, didn't convey the emotions of the characters and their behaviors well. I was unable to predict what a character is thinking and what's going on inside his mind. Emotions carry the meanings and rational reason of any doing of the characters.

I felt nothing while reading this book. You should focus on this factor. How to improve?

For emotions and character's description,first of all ficus on their behaviors and describe them in detail. After that, put yourself in the shoes of your characters concerning a situation and mentally debates and emotionally think what would you have done if you were at their place.

Hope you can consider this and improve yourself.

Character's development:6/10
As far as the matter of character's description and rational details on their behaviors matters, I think you need to improve there.

And if we talk about the character's development through out the story, then yes. I don't have any objection to this factor. You managed it well and elegantly showed us the changing behaviors of the characters. Told us briefly how they have changed from the start till the end.

Writing style: 8/10
Writing style is the one thing which differentiates you from others on a whole level. It makes you stand out among others and gives a separate recognition. I liked your writing style even though you should have focused on a few factors discussed above.

Enjoyment: 3/5
I enjoyed this story and they sloe burn which is depicted in here. I just hope the writer shouldn't have ended the book on the chosen ending or must have given us an alternative or epilogue as well to let us know the future development of our story characters.

Overall: 4/5
Total: 70/100

_____________________________________

Hope you will consider our words and marks and will let us see a better version soon.