4- His dominant love [Reviewer Rena]

Book: His dominant Love

Reviewer : Rena TaesLilKookie

Author : Jellycuddles19_

Title : 3/5

There was nothing in the title that really stood out to me. This kind of title is pretty much cliche in wattpad and had I been browsing through I would have skipped right over because books with this kind of title are a little overdone. I wasn’t wrong on that count.

However what I really didn’t like is how misleading the title is compared to the story. Sure Jimin can be seen as Dominant, but I don’t think you really grasped the concept of Dominant when you wrote that (Just saying, but fifty shades of grey isn’t a good reference).

Cover : 8/10

The cover is really pretty and suits the mood of the story greatly. The only thing I would recommend to fix is the red in the title as it is somewhat hard to read. But otherwise your cover is great.

Blurb : 1/10

The blurb is completely misleading.

Starting with the first three lines, it gives off the feeling of Jimin trying to force himself on her, whereas throughout the entire story he shows her respect (at least on that aspect). 

Secondly, was that description of Vengeance really necessary? I’m asking this as it was neither the title of the story, but more along the theme of it (something you hadn’t even stuck to).

Thirdly, he was not cheated on the day of his wedding. The way the blurb is constructed gives the vibe that Jia left Jimin stranded on the aisle, when she has been cheating on him for a long time.

Other than the following line:

His cold personality and harsh attitude make it difficult for Ara to adjust with him but with time, she discovers that the sole purpose of the forceful marriage wasn't just vengeance.

The blurb wasn’t it for me. Sure, it was catchy but also giving the mostly wrong information and this is never a good thing because the blurb is one of the first things that reach your targeted audiences. The blurb should be a short snippet, a promise of what the story you are about to tell is truly about. You can’t give the impression he tries to sleep with Ara and them proceed with the story with him not even touching her. I would strongly suggest rewriting the blurb to fit something more to what your story is truly about.

First Impression : 3/5

My first impression of the book wasn’t a very good one. I figured the plot was overly cliche by the cover, blurb and title. The hook line just cemented this for me.

However I will tell you that you had a different approach on the starting and I found it really refreshing to read.

Plot : 10/20