3- Revelation [Reviewer Rabi]

Reviewer Rabi rabisworld02Author:: marie0211Book: Revelation

Author:: marie0211
Book: Revelation

Title: ⅗

The title itself is unique and low key suits the story. But its main attraction to the story is still not discovered. There must be a purpose and an aim as to why you selected this name but I haven't come across any single event or chapter which tells me if it is relevant to the book or not. If we talk about the other factors such as uniqueness then it is a unique one and attracts the reader. 

Cover: 4/10

I didn't find it attractive or interesting. It was too simple and didn't give off the vibes of excitement. It is too simple to match with the theme of plot and storyline. The girl's cutout is poor as it is obvious behind namjoon's picture. According to the plot, it should have mafia vibes with mysterious and suspense elements. The cover is too simple for the complexity of the plot and is irrelevant to the plot. I would suggest you work on creativity. 

Text can also be better by changing both the style and the color. The cursive font is not doing a good job. I would suggest you use a bold one. Also, you should add a little subtitle to make it appear pleasing to eyes. 

You still can use the current girl's silhouette in the background but with more elements added in there. Such as technology background,guns and handcuffs. Restriction of border lines and Namjoon's picture as he looks sideways. I think this would be a good match. 

Blurb: 6/10

It attracted me and was fair enough. But I think you reveal too much in blurb. The main plot, the story theme and also the main execution of the plot, you described them fully. I think it should not be like that. I would suggest you cut the part where you are telling us that the company is just a façade of Eden. It killed all my suspense. 

I would suggest you use the following paragraph where you are telling us about namjoon after this line and cut the remaking part. 

"Soomin has always been in control" . After this line you can give us the little paragraph of namjoon you gave in the end. 

It will do fair to the plot and will give us the mysterious and suspenseful vibes.

After that in the first paragraph which is a dialogue, it confused me a bit. I mean, I don't know if it counts a phrasal mistake or not, but something felt off in the end. The last sentence "Haven't you wanted to live normally?" Doesn't relate to the phrases you used before. 

1st Impression: ⅗

If we count it from the cover, blurb and title then it was neither bad nor good. I felt neutral. However, by reading the blurb, I felt a bit excited. But as I have discussed before, the whole plot described in blurb killed my interest as well.