6- Baby or Daddy [Reviewer Rena]

Baby or Daddy~

Baby or Daddy~

Author : @Causers Causers

Reviewer : TaesLilKookie TaesLilKookie

Title: 3/5

The title is pretty cute, but I'm not sure I found the relevance to the story quite yet. Then again your story is just at the start so there is a lot more to come.

Cover : 3/5

Pretty. It suits the current standing of the story, but so far I have only seen jk as a baby so I'm not sure where to go from there.

Blurb : 1/10

That was not a blurb. It barely explained anything about the story, gave me no insight into the running theme or any idea what the story is about. It was merely three quotes, which I'm not fully sure are even from the story.

A blurb should consist of a short summary of what the starting of the story is going to be. As much as a quote is good to add, it doesn't necessarily make the entire blurb. Give a small description of what the reader is to expect from the story. Introduce the MC (just a line with her name in it would have done)

Here is a short example of what your blurb could be (be mindful that I don't know the entire plot so I can only write for what I've read so far):

"Just fired from her job, Kim Yeonhee, finds a baby in the dumpster as she is on her way home. Taking pity on the little guy, she decides to take him home with her. Only there is one little problem. Yeonhee has no idea how to care for a baby. Not to mention she just lost her job and has no way to take care of herself either."

Now, this is not enough for the blurb as it mentions nothing about the possibility of Jungkook being anywhere near important in the story, so you will have to add something like 'there was more to the baby than meets the eye' or something equally mysterious, without giving too much of the plot twist away, to actually attract the reader.

First Impression : 3/5

Since we already established my thoughts on the cover, title and blurb, let's take a look at your first chapter. The full capital letters as soon as I started reading was frankly a big turn off. Then was the flow of the story, which wasn't done very well. The third was the conversation between the boss and Yeon-hee

It was okay all the way until Yeonhee realised she wasn't keeping the job and started shouting back at him. Now the urge and desire to scream at your boss is something duly understandable, but most of her cussing was pretty childish and despite all that yelling he kept quiet and the scene soon turned unrealistic.

Plot : 7/15

I really can't tell what the plot of the story is at all. Mostly, due to it still being just the start and the other because, despite being 12 chapters into the story, it was mostly filled with fillers. Yes, the main focus was on building character and not much on the plot, but what I do have so far seems both interesting and something that isn't done very often.