2- Vigilante [Reviewer Rena]

Reviewer: RenaBook: VigilanteAuthor : epochbts

Reviewer: Rena
Book: Vigilante
Author : epochbts

I want to start this by letting you know that I loved your story and I’m really glad to have found it, however please be aware it’s my job to be honest with you so if some of the things I write come off as harsh, please excuse me as I’m only trying to point out the faults.

Title : 4/5

The title suits the story well, and it is a pretty catchy and something not often seen, so 👍

Cover : 3.5/10

I loved the movie poster look of the cover and it suits the theme of the story well, however I did feel it was a bit too overcrowded. It would have been so much less cramped with only the three main leads and the mc in the cover. Also, please be aware that it’s supposed to be a book cover and not a movie poster, and you should go for a more book cover look for that. The cover you currently have is quite pretty and catchy, it just doesn’t suit the book cover look.

Blurb : 9/10

Taking off all the unnecessary details that filled the blurb (I'm not judging that, though I will say it makes the blurb look overcrowded and half of the things no one is going to read), I’m only concentrating on what is the actual blurb.

Love the three quotes, they build character before we even get to the story. And the little description after was just perfect. It gives us a glimpse of what to expect without really telling us anything, and this is something really hard to pull off such an amazing job on that count.

First Impression : 3.5/5

My honest first impression of the book was that I really wanna read this. The trailers, the aesthetics and everything was simply so catchy. Usually when I judge first impressions I also look for the hook of the book, because ultimately this is what makes me stay or lose all interest for me, and the stores starting was a little all over the place. I’ll explain why in a bit, but for the starting scene it was a really great place to start and the first line is really engaging. It would have made for a way better reading experience if the scene wasn’t a bit scattered, but overall it was great start to the story.

Plot : 10/20

One of the things that made really very little sense was the ages of the characters. Namjoon is 24 and their boss (sitting in but he still is their boss)? Do you understand the importance of the NIS? Does it really make sense to let someone so young to run a legal taskforce, a unit that’s job is to literally keep the lives of millions of citizens safe? A wrong decision could lead to the deaths of so many people on these occasions. I wouldn’t have minded this so much if Namjoon was portrayed as a strategic genius or a combat genius or something. A protégée. Yet every character in the task force who was Mr. Son was so young. Would you actually trust your life on a 19-year-old girl if you are held hostage and she is the only one to save you?