-grow up (i)

𝐉𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐱 𝐉𝐨𝐬𝐡
—————————————————————
we need to grow up, I've got to go now.

*includes homophobia.
internalized homophobia,*

"Josh I have to go now, my parents want me to go. so please just one last kiss?" Jaden asked. He was being sent off to some prep school in Italy. His parents decided it was best for him and he wasn't one to retaliate against his parents.

He knew they found out he was gay, but they didn't talk to him about it. They simply said that he's going to Italy in a week, they had a disappointed look when they told him.

He was sad to go, but he knew it was for the better. He knew that Josh would go on to do whatever he would do and that Jaden would only keep him from reaching that goal.

Jaden never knew what he was going to do after high school, he did want to travel the world and see places. I guess he's going to see a new place now, he found that this was a way that he could be freer.

That's what he ultimately wanted, even if he had no clue about a job. He just wanted to be free and to be himself without being judged by others; especially his parents.

"I'll miss you, call me when you get there okay?" Josh asked.

Jaden nodded, "I will, bye Josh," Anthony Jaden around and walked away. Leaving Josh in the middle of the street late at night.

That night Josh went home and cried, he looked at the box of memories he had of him and Jaden.

"Josh! come down here!" A female voice said. Josh sighed and got up from his seat, he was up in his office working on a few emails, he was a college professor; before that a doctor.

He walked down and saw that dinner was sitting at the table, so were his son and daughter. His family was the typical American family, mom didn't work and was a stay-at-home mom. Two kids, both very successful in school, sports, and the arts. And he was the lawyer that worked too much and made a lot of money.

They lived in a nice house in the Hamptons and the kids were in private school. Josh always felt out of place still, like a part of him was undiscovered.

"Uhm, I have to go meet with a client. Sorry," He said and put his shoes on. He grabbed his keys and walked out of the door. He didn't have to meet a client at all, he just needed to breathe; away from all of them.

He started his car and pulled out of the driveway, he had no place in mind but he knew it had to be a place that wasn't busy. It was only six-thirty in the evening, so most places wouldn't be busy.

He drove around till he found a park that didn't have many cars. He parked there and got out. The park was an open field with some benches and picnic huts. He sat on a bench that's at the end of the field not far from the parking lot.

He sits down and sighs, he puts his head in his hands and takes a few deep breaths.

"god fuck, what went wrong?" He asked.

"I don't know you tell me?" someone said. Josh got startled and jumped up, he looked at the person and gasped.

It was him, Jaden. He was here?