-505

𝐉𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐱 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞
———————————————————
let's go back to 505

place: new mexico
time 4:05 pm

"How much longer J?" Chase whined. The two had been driving for a while to get back to 505 the area code of New Mexico, or a place in New Mexico. The two were on a small getaway and wanted to drive to the place where it all started.

It was the summer of '94, Chase had just gotten home from baseball practice. He was your typical jock, tall, good-looking, and with a nice smile.

He ran inside his house and took a shower. After that, he got out and changed into some jeans and a white t-shirt with black converse.

He took his bike and went to the field. He also had a small bag with him that had a bottle of water, a flask, and a book. He would come to the field and sit under a tree to read.

He got to the tree and saw that one boy was there. This boy was a mystery to everyone in the area code 505. He wore all black and thick chunky shoes. He had black curly hair with a sleeve of tattoos.

He looked like he would belong in a biker gang. "You come here every other day. Why?!" Chase yelled at the kid that was under the tree with a lit cigarette.

"Nice spot to chill. Didn't even notice you when you'd sit on the other side of this thing every day that I'm here," he said blowing out the smoke.

Chase got up closer and sat down. "Well, I'm Chase," He said sticking out his hand. 

Jaden shook the hand, "I'm Jaden," he smiled and took another puff of the cig.

"You come here to read. Why?" Jaden asked. He knew Chase came to read because sometimes he could hear Chade cry from the book.

"Nice place. The best spot in 505 area," Chase smiled and pulled out his flask.

they talked for hours on end until it got dark and Chase had to head to.
"I'll see you, tomorrow stranger," Jaden said and took off on his own bike.

And they did, every day for the summer until Jaden had to leave. Chase was heartbroken but he got Jaden's number so they could call all the time.

Jaden smiled remembering the first time he and Chase met.

"What are you smiling about?" Chase teased and Jaden shook his head. He laughed and kept his eyes on the dirt road that they were now driving on.

"You remember that one song we played while we were at the tree the next summer," Chase recalled letting the wind flow through his hair. They've been on this road for 30 minutes now close to arriving.

Chase went back to the tree the next summer as he did the previous year. As he got to it he saw the same boy he had been talking to all fall, winter, and spring.

"Jaden is that you?" he asked and the boy turned the speaker down. 

"Yeah it's me," he said and ran up to Chase pulling him into a tight hug.

"Bud you've grown so much," he whispered. Chase was tall last summer but just more buff this summer.

"I could say the same for you. But what are you listening to?"Chase asked.

"Oh, it's called 505 by arctic monkeys. Here listen," Jaden said eagerly and turned the volume back up.

"let's go back to 505."
"if it's a seven-hour forty five minute drive"
"in my imagination, you're waiting, lying on your side"
"with your hands between your thighs"

"Oh, I like this!" Chase exclaimed as the song continued. He and Jaden spent time catching up and just as the street lights cut on. you could see them from the tree. Both boys stood up and dusted themselves.

"I'll see you tomorrow, or you could come by my game?" Chase asked playing with his hands.

"I'd love to come. so you gonna kiss me now or not?" Jaden asked and Chase giggled.

they leaned in and lips connected.
"JADEN ASS INSIDE NOW!" someone screamed and the two pulled apart.

"I gotta go," he said and Chase breathily laughed and hopped onto his bike seeing Jaden run inside the house that was a bit far from the tree.

"I remember everything from the summers," Jaden said pulling into the same house he once stayed in.

"Me too. race you to the tree" Chase said and ran out of the car and towards the tree.

Jaden was left in Chase's dust but eventually met him at the tree.

"I fucking hate you," he said trying to catch his breath.

"Love you too mother fucker," Chase laughed pulling Jaden close.

"Last time I checked you fucked my mom," Jaden said.

"It was one time and I didn't know who she was I'm sorry," Chase rambled.

"I- was joking," Jaden said now confused.

"O,h well, the last one to the car has to bottom for the whole trip," Chase said taking off for the car. Jaden rolled his eyes and got up. Heading for the car knowing that he was gonna bottom.

let's go back to 505.