FORTY-THREE

"What? Oh right," my face fell when I realized it.

"You owe me some additional explanation."  Dad walked past my side to the garden that was in sight.  Bella right behind him squinted, giving me goosebumps.

"Last time I remember, you and Wendy appeared out of the blue. But Cullen and I didn't ask because of your condition at the time."

I grimaced, recalling the incident.  How could they keep themselves from asking about it for months?  Uh, and they probably branded the swan different from the start so were just trying to get that logic into their heads.

Besides that it seems like I have to really analyze and filter the things I have to say carefully, spontaneous things usually end badly.

My dream when meeting Stephanie Meyer made it clear to me the risks that could occur if I told them about these supernatural things.

Even if everything was different from the start.

"Oh well take the positive side, you don't have to feel guilty anymore for hiding something."  I said to myself, this is an encouragement for the negligence I just did.

With vampire speed I rushed after them.

The giggling sound that I recognized as Clara's voice greeted me, judging by the situation the one being the object of a joke was Santiago.

"Can you guys stop doing that to me? It's getting annoying."  Santiago whined.

Adelphie nodded in agreement, giving Santiago a concerned and encouraging look.  On the other hand my father looked at Wendy and Clara alternately with a big question mark.  Ignoring the joke of the events he saw from Adelphie's memories.

"Why do you two get involved in this vampire stuff too?"  he asked, after being absolutely sure of what he saw.

Wendy once again confidently answered it easily, without any burden.  I don't know where she got that confidence from.

"That's so easy! Like this," she moved right next to my figure.  "I can move quickly, like in Harry Potter, you know what Harry Potter means right?"

Wendy asked that seriously as if it was in the interest of her entire life.  Makes me sigh, at least they can tell it without me having to intervene too much.

Dad bounced in surprise it was a rather late reflex, Sulpica moved quickly to my father's side and informed him that everything was going to be okay.

That's right, just need a little adaptation and everything will be fine.

Father and Bella nodded quickly.  Wendy returned to normalize her face and smiled friendly again.

"I managed to save Rexanne from an accident that could ruin her life for a second—"

"Yeah! She saved me in Port Angeles when I went shopping in the afternoon."  Wendy's words were cut off by me, my father should not be allowed to know something this heavy.

If he knew of my rebirth, he would ask about my past and I've always hated that past.  Except the part having caring friends and both loving parents but the rest is trash, bad and pathetic.

It's too tragic to tell, the fact that I was a child when the murder took place made it even more heartbreaking.

The best conclusion I can come to is to keep this a secret without having to involve anyone else in my past misery.

"So you mean the day you told us that a drunk driver nearly hit you and you said Wendy came to your rescue was the day of a super-drama rescue?"  My father's statement again made me wince, I nodded confirming that statement.