FORTY-ONE

I couldn't hold my breath for what the children had managed to do.  Their extraordinary abilities make reason unable to reach anything.  Their ingenuity
managed to get some of the guards caught up in an unexpected prank.

Even some of the upper class guards, with the exception of their best friends.

Just imagine them making one of the guards hang from the ceiling like a bat.  They along with Wendy did this.  It was very clear, judging from the disappearance of the three people.  There seemed to be a vendetta tucked away in all of these scenarios, it wasn't normal for Wendy to bully someone this badly.

The sound of loud laughter made me take my attention away from the scene.  My eyes narrowed suspiciously at Clara, even though she's very close to the hanging vampire she could still be in the suspect ranks.

"I didn't do that."  She said still laughing uncontrollably.  Santiago's face looks betrayed by her, his body swaying slightly as he tries to get his feet off the ceiling of the castle.

Before moving to help him, I asked Clara a question. "Then why are you laughing?"  I asked, turning my back to her.

"Because whoever did that freaking Genius!"  She said while laughing out loud.

I shook my head at her and put poor Santiago down.  His face really looked relieved, he was like a fish about to die.

Died a second time.

That conversation happened half an hour ago, now I'm in the same room with my kids.  They're sitting looking down trying to look down with a guilt I'm sure they don't have.  The atmosphere was accompanied by Wendy who was already giggling and Adelphie who was smiling sweetly on the chair beside me, mocking her brother's behavior.

"So how many times did mom tell you're not to prank guards like that?"  I wonder if this is my past karma on Bella or just the influence of Wendy's behavior?

But as far as I remember I was never that mean to Bella, in some contexts I was already a very bad sister.  An example is the part allowing her to have a nearly year-long relationship with an obsessive vampire.

But I never hang anyone from the ceiling.

"Sorry mom, we won't do that—" Abercio didn't have as high an ego as Aro but Achiles.....

"Mom, they're fine. It was just a joke," he said with innocent eyes—I thought Caius would be proud of this kid.

"Really? Santiago," I asked glancing at him he looked frustrated, oh poor vampire.  I admit seeing vampires hanging like that was kind of funny.  But umm.... It's not good to laugh at him.

That's bad don't laugh, don't laugh.

"Y-yes my queen, it-it's just a common kid's joke."  Stuttering and timidly, Clara nudged his shoulder with a laugh.

I was confused where the fear was coming from, until I turned around because of Adelphie, she put her hand to my cheek.  At first glance, Abercio's and Achiles' faces looked hurt by it.  Everything is very clear now.

Adel's memory shows Achiles glaring at Santiago with a threatening lip movement.  His aura of authority was already evident from this moment on, he was still too young for such ruthlessness.  This made him look even more like Caius, no doubt who owned the seed.

These kids are too much like their father, still lucky for me to take part of them.  Uh-the vampire gene is too strong.

"Achiles didn't mother already say that there is no use or threats with your gifts to bully the guards, that's not good son."  I said while stroking her silver hair gently.