Chapter Two.

I never knew standing on the steps of an aquarium could be so scary

Fear can describe so many different things, such as that tiny bit of fear when going up to the peak of a rollercoaster, or standing in front of a big crowd to give a presentation. But this....it just feels different. Maybe it's a mix of the adrenaline coursing through my body and the nerves that are just beginning to settle into my stomach, but I feel scared.

To any outsider the aquarium looks so...normal? It's what people would expect an aquarium to look like, a simple sleek building filled with tanks upon tanks of deep sea creatures. But to think that there is more going on behind the glass walls is so weird to me. I have a hard time wrapping my head around it.

This is one of my first cases where the exterior doesn't match the interior. Usually when I walked into a new location, I could just feel that there was something off — alarm bells ringing in my head. That isn't the case here at all. If I didn't know any better I'd think nothing of Shark Bait being anything more than what it is, an aquarium.

There's so many people outside too. People of all ages are here walking past me, taking pictures outside the aquarium or getting themselves ready to go inside for some fun. Kids, families, seniors, couples....just about anyone of any age is here to invest in Shark Bait as their source of entertainment for the afternoon. A place where they can come on their days off and just unwind with some colourful fish.

On the outside, it's the most perfect family friendly place. It's not like he chose a rough tattoo parlour or dingy bar, Harry is obviously perceptive. He knows what he's doing by choosing a place as incognito as this. That thought both excites and scares me.

It means Harry is smart, more than anyone thinks. He understands how to keep that part of his work hidden. It also means that my job is about to become even tougher than I thought it would be.

These past two days I've been bouncing off the walls of my apartment, eager for today to arrive. Jesse's been booked solid at Tatt Tales, leaving me all alone. I've read the email over about a hundred times and I've changed my outfit about fifteen times. Getting a new case gives me the same feeling as what I feel like it'd be like to win the lottery — excitement, shock, happiness, nervousness....just so many overwhelming emotions.

Poor Princess has been watching me from behind her four glass walls, probably wondering what the hell has got her mom so jittery. I spent all morning today researching even more about this place. With Princess beside me munching on some worms and crickets, I went headfirst into the online world of Shark Bait trying to find any little piece of information that I may have missed.

Ultimately, it was a complete and utter waste of time. I found absolutely nothing of value to me.

I googled Zayn and Harry's names but nothing popped up. I tried to find where Zayn got his aquatic veterinarian degree, nothing popped up. I tried to find any interviews Harry had done when he opened up Shark Bait, nothing popped up. Nothing, nothing, nothing.