Chapter Nineteen.

As I've become acquainted with all the different types of aquatic life here at Shark Bait over these last few months, I think my favourite has to be the axolotl

As I've become acquainted with all the different types of aquatic life here at Shark Bait over these last few months, I think my favourite has to be the axolotl. Their tiny little webbed feet, smiley mouths, and protruding branches coming out of their heads make them all the more adorable.

Out of the three axolotls in this tank, one in particular always seems to come to the glass every time I'm near. He's my favourite. I've named him Prince.

I've found myself at their tank more often than not after my shift, thinking about life while in their presence. Maybe it's because they remind me of Princess in some way, but I'm starting to see why Harry goes to his cowfish when he needs some time away from others. Time to think.

I'm supposed to be turning all the lights off and locking up for the night but as I look out the small window just down from the tank and see the snow falling down, I'm transported back to a few nights ago.

Playing in the snow with Harry brought back the inner child in me I didn't know I had, one that never got to flourish. It was the most fun I've had in a while and for a moment there I completely forgot about everything. It was nice.

The last thing I expected to come out of his mouth was him offering to take me to the park, but things with Harry and I are always like that. Unexpected. Out of the blue. That's a part of the fun though, I never know what I'm going to get with him.

I still don't know why he came over that night but I suspect that he really didn't have a reason. I know that if I even attempt to ask him about it he would deny anything that would show his barriers breaking. He's like that, he always wants to be tough like nothing can affect him. It seems that the threat of injury is the only thing that can have him softening.

I definitely was not expecting to sleep with him and I don't think he was either but there's no denying the chemistry that's clearly there between us. I try not to actively think about it because with that comes feelings of guilt and shame. Harry and I shouldn't click like that. He's my target.

Even now I can't seem to forget how Harry's hands felt on me. The way his hands looked touching his own body and the way he commanded me to do as he said. The way he looks at me makes me feel empowered. I don't feel shame in his presence. I feel power.

Now, I can't forget about him. I crave him. I want him. Again and again.

That terrifies me to no end. Because this feels wrong. It is wrong. I can't want him, he's the last person on this earth that I should be dreaming of seeing again but I can't help it.

Maybe that's why I crave him. The adrenaline of being with someone I shouldn't, the rush of it all is what has me going back over and over. Staying away from something that seems forbidden only makes me want it more, it just feels so good.

He just feels so good.

The sound of my phone ringing interrupts my thoughts and I'm quick to remember where I am. I quickly pull out my phone thinking it may be Jesse. We have plans for him to give me a tattoo tonight and I'm praying this isn't him calling to cancel on me.