Chapter Twenty-Five.

With Dan on one side of me and Jesse on the other, we enter Zayn's apartment

The muffled music from behind the door only intensifies as Jesse pushes it open, letting me go through first. I was initially freezing cold standing in my dark blue dress – wearing a coat just seemed like an extra hassle – but the body heat of countless people is quickly warming me up.

We're a bit late to the party thanks to Jesse's multiple outfit changes and incessant need to shove alcoholic shots down my throat, but we're finally here and I couldn't be more excited to see Harry.

Ever since he vanished a few days ago, I've been eager to see him. He's had me worried and even though I didn't want to be overbearing and come off that way, I know I was. I'm thankful I've had Zayn around.

I can tell that Harry's absence has been particularly hard on Zayn so I was excited when invited me to go with him and get his tattoo. I secretly hoped it would help get his mind off of everything and I was thrilled to see that it worked, even if it was just for that little while.

Knowing a bit of the backstory to the jellyfish tattoo has stuck with me. I still don't know their entire story but I definitely know what it feels like to miss a mom. We're all so similarly different, but that just goes to show that at the end of the day we're all stronger than we were before.

While I miss the absence of a mom who never showed me love and affection, they crave to feel that once again.

That only adds to the guilt. I know deep down that both Harry and Zayn are good people even if I may not know them as well. It's obvious that there is so much more to their story, the reason why they do what they do and I want to be the one to find that out. I can't let Derek do it.

For now though, I'm going to try and enjoy this party in hopes that maybe this new year will hold something better for all of us. A new start, with new beginnings and new people.

I feel Jesse's hand on my back as he steers me further into the apartment and I'm finally zoned back into the loud party, people surrounding me everywhere. It's obvious that Zayn is quite popular considering the amount of people filling his place but I know that none of these people will ever be to him what Harry is.

Harry. Just thinking of his name gets my heart beating faster. I'm done denying the chemistry that's so evident between us. I've tried to fight it and I've failed miserably.

It doesn't mean I'm not scared though. I don't want to drown.

"Gonna take Dan and get us some drinks," Jesse yells in my ear, pressing a kiss to my temple before dragging Dan away. I hum out in response, my mind and sight already drifting away to look for the one person I'm actually here for.

It doesn't take long for me to spot Zayn, standing by the makeshift bar with Dan and Jesse. I'm not surprised Jesse would go straight to him first. A smile appears on my face as I watch them interact. Jesse says something, Zayn blushes, and Dan laughs. It's cute.