Chapter Twenty-Four.

I never thought I'd be using my tattoo coupon so soon after Christmas, yet here I am at Tatt Tales

I never thought I'd be using my tattoo coupon so soon after Christmas, yet here I am at Tatt Tales.....ready and eager to get some new ink.

It's a nice place. Sterile, clean, everything you would want when walking into a tattoo shop but it's also got artwork littered all over the walls – drawings, paintings, graffiti and more. It's fucking sick.

Jesse's done a nice job with it.

Calling Indigo and asking her to join me was something I should have never done because the response I received earlier today was something I should have expected.

"Tattoo you say.....at Jesse's shop...." she said with a teasing tone and I could practically hear her smiling like an idiot over the phone. "I can come. Are you sure you want me there?"

I rolled my eyes at her response, still smiling at her teasing antics. I could see why Jesse and her were best friends, they would both annoy each other to the fucking max.

"Shut up Indy," I said with a hint of embarrassment lacing my voice and she only giggled on the other end.

"I mean I don't have to come, you know, if you want to be alone and all. I respect it, it's your coupon and maybe Jesse doesn't even want–"

"If you don't shut up I'll hang up."

She immediately became quiet on the other end before she said, "Go ahead and hang up. Have fun with your new friend. I'll let you get back to fixing your hair just for him."

No wonder this girl drove Harry up the wall.

I couldn't help but to laugh. I could picture her on the other side of the phone, a finger pressed against her lips as she teased me. "We won't have as much fun as you and Harry though, I know that for a fucking fact."

Indigo gasped but before she could retort, I cut in. "I'll pick you up in an hour. Sounds good?"

I didn't need to get an appointment because Jesse had mentioned to me what days he would and wouldn't be at the shop along with his shop hours. But out of courtesy, I told him I'd come by today and he made sure to only schedule in his one regular, Joe, and leave the rest of the day empty for me and some potential walk-ins.

He's considerate like that. We've been talking quite a bit since Indy's Christmas dinner and I can't say I regret it.

When I showed up to her place she opened the door with a playful frown on her face. "Oh come on Indy, you're the one who was teasing me!"

I threw my arm around her shoulder and steered her out of her complex, smiling at her glare. "What? Now I'm getting the silent treatment? You're a child."

I feigned shock, laughter threatening to bubble from my chest and she huffed, pushing past me. She turned around to face me and narrowed her eyes as she walked backwards, bringing two pinched fingers up to her lips with a look of both seriousness and playfulness in her eyes.