Chapter Eleven.

I've never been on a private jet before but with a job like mine there's always a first time for everything

It feels weird to be flying in luxury like this instead of being squished between two strangers but I can't say that I hate it. The plane is really fucking nice, and massive. The fact that Harry and Zayn have a plane like this on standby is very telling.

Derek was thrilled to say the least. I barely had time to text him what was happening with Harry and Zayn recklessly driving me to my apartment to grab a duffle bag of clothes. While they waited in the car, I kissed Princess, changed into a sweater, took a deep breath, and shot Derek a quick text.

'I'm on my way to Portugal for work. Be back soon and will update when I can.'

Portugal.

Apparently this is where Joseph lives but that's all I could get out of Zayn before he pulled the car up onto a runway, forcing me out of the car and into a plane with him and Harry.

I told Jesse I was going to a fucking fish conference and that since I'm new they wanted me to tag along. I didn't say it was in Portugal though, I said we were going to New York — seemed more plausible.

He was a little hesitant at first, asking me if he should come along so I don't have to be alone but when I told him that I needed someone to stay back and watch Princess, he understood he couldn't come with. In fact, he was more than thrilled to spend some extra time with "Ms. Princess Banana girly."

I was grateful to him for being so understanding, promising him that I'd text him all the updates along with swearing that if anything happened between Harry and I again he'd be the first to know.

Ever since Harry told me to pack my bags, everything has been happening so fast. Never mind the fact that I don't even know who the fuck Joseph is or why the hell we're going all the way to Portugal to meet him.

Not that I'd ever say this out loud, but I'm nervous to be doing this because I've hardly ever stepped foot out of the country or gone so far out to Portugal before. But on the other hand, I'm excited. I feel like this is the start of something actually tangible for my investigation and that Portugal is going to be more than just an easy trip out of the country.

It's definitely going to uncover so much more than what I already know, and I'm excited about it. It's what I've wanted and what I've been waiting for — to uncover the truth about Shark Bait.

Going on a private jet is a lot less hectic than a plane. We avoided all the long lines and hectic crowds and we were quick to get on the jet. I could peacefully sit in one corner of the jet, away from grumpy Harry, and he would be happy to pretend like I don't exist, which he loves doing.

But of course, that didn't play out exactly how I wanted it to.

As soon as we got onto the jet, Zayn didn't let me get far. Hooking his hand around my elbow and dragging me across the jet, he forced me to follow him and Harry. He nudged me into my seat and smugly sat in front of me, crossing his arms over his chest and ticking his brows at me in amusement as if he knew exactly what I was trying to do.