Chapter Fifteen.

I'm dressed as Lavagirl, looking for my Sharkboy

I stand out in the sea of people considering my costume is hot pink and so is my hair. My pink body-con one piece clings to every curve and dip of my body while the painted on gold lava crack runs down the middle of my torso. My thigh high pink heels make my feet throb, but they're so fucking worth it.

I love Halloween and everything about it. I love dressing up as someone I'm not, pretending to be someone completely different. It's a mask that allows me to be free, to embody a new personality, new body, new persona, new everything.

Kind of like my job. I shake that thought out of my head, nothing is going to ruin my night tonight.

I even left my phone and everything else at home, I don't want anything to interrupt my night. I don't want to deal with Derek or my mother on the off-chance that she should call and I already told Jesse I would be unavailable. I just want to enjoy tonight.

To say that I was excited while getting ready for tonight is an understatement. I was giddy on my feet as I put my costume on and I know I look good, mostly because I feel good. Even Jesse made it known when I sent him a picture of the final look.

It's fun how Shark Bait has events like these to just let loose after a busy day at work. I'm grateful for the people I've met here because it's just going to make tonight even better. I know it'll be fun and memorable.

I've already done my walk-through of the aquarium and to say I'm impressed is an understatement. Fake spider webs hang from the tops of the tanks and spooky decorations lurk around every corner. The food and beverages are all themed as well and I haven't been shy in snagging a few glasses of the witches deadly potion.

Everyone is dressed up in so many unique costumes it's kind of hard to make out exactly who's who. Some people are here with their plus ones, while others are complete strangers I've never seen before so I assume they're people that Harry and Zayn know.

Either way, the room is bustling with strangers but my mind only focuses on two people that I'm looking for. Zayn and Harry. I didn't hear anything from either of them before I left work to go home and get ready but I'm assuming that they're already somewhere here, probably getting here before any of us did. Harry hates being late.

Taking another quick glance around the room I see the back of a grey costume in the corner, one that looks a lot like Sharkboy. Zayn.

I weave my way through the crowd, eager to get over to him. I'm only a few feet away when he turns around and I stop in my tracks. I expect to see Zayn in the costume, giving me one of his soft warm smiles.

Only it's not Zayn. It's Harry.

I freeze in my spot causing someone to bump into me from behind. I mumble an apology before taking a few steps closer to Harry, gawking at him in the costume. The dark grey costume suits him well and the shark jaw on the front looks just like in the movies. The black tights cling to his muscular legs making me want to sink my teeth into them and his grey armour and gloves make him look bigger than he already is. I can't take my eyes off of him.