Chapter Twenty.

I can't stop pacing up and down the Dangerous Lagoon, watching as the stingrays and sharks swim overtop of my head

It's been an hour since Harry and Zayn left to go on their next run and they're still not back yet. "Stay here, we'll be back soon," Zayn told me before rushing out the door, a leather jacket fitted to his body and a soft smile on his lips.

I was taken aback when they told me that this run would be without me. I don't know why but the idea of me not being there fills me with unease and even though the last one had me shaken up a little bit, I hate being alone even more.

Now I know how Harry felt.

I was fiddling with the daisies at the front counter that Zayn had brought in this morning when Harry came out from the back, donned in all black and shoving his gun into the band of his jeans. "Be careful," I whispered to him, tapping my foot against his. He only gave me a small smile, which looked more like a grimace, before he fled out the door to catch up with Zayn.

It leaves me wondering if there's something going on that I don't know about. The possible idea of that has my stomach churning because so much can go wrong. They could know who I am and I wouldn't even know.

But ultimately, I've decided that there's no point in freaking out over it because the chances of that were slim to none. I've never made it obvious that I'm a part of something more than Shark Bait, and I'm always careful. It has to be something else, they'll probably tell me once they get back.

They've left me all alone in Shark Bait, all the main lights off since they're closed. I almost called Jesse earlier to come keep me company but I knew that wasn't smart, I'd have no explanation. Plus he already came to visit me yesterday at work and this time he got to meet Zayn who was a lot nicer than Harry was.

They quickly got immersed into a conversation about tattoos and Jesse showed him some work he's done on two of his regulars, Joe and Justin. They were so into conversation that I went back to work, leaving them be. It's safe to say that they definitely got along.

I'll have to ask him about that later.

It shouldn't be taking Zayn and Harry this long at their run and if everything was going like it was supposed to be, I would be using this time to sneak around Shark Bait with the bracelet, the bracelet that is now missing.

Looking down at my own bracelet, the light blue jewels littering the metal band, I think about how badly I've fucked up.

That night when I realized it was missing from my bag, I panicked. I rummaged through my entire apartment and flipped it upside down, creating a huge mess. I checked quite literally everywhere, but I was always left with the same answer no matter how many times I flipped over a couch cushion or emptied out a drawer. The bracelet was still missing.

I haven't slept properly in days, tossing and turning as I try and figure out where the fuck it went. The only person who's been in my room recently is Harry, but even then I was with him the entire time. Except when you went to change in the bathroom, my subconscious reminds me but I shake it off. There's no way, I wasn't out of his sight for more than 30 seconds.