Chapter Thirty-One.

After days of being stuck in a house, though it was Harry's, I'm finally back at work

It's amusing when I think about how much I actually like being here because when I first started, I didn't enjoy it as much.

Sure it was fine at first, being in a new location with new people and new sights to admire, but it was hard for me to grasp the idea that for my actual dream job, I was stuck to being a girl working behind a ticket counter. But now, it's my favourite thing.

I've come to enjoy Shark Bait – the atmosphere, the fish, the people mingling around and the joy on their faces while they come without a care in the world. I hope someday I'm that happy as well.

My friendship with the people I work with have also added to the enjoyment I feel. I love coming in and getting to see everyone's faces, and talking to them. That only makes the clench in my heart that much more painful when I think about not being here anymore.

Just this morning, I walked into work only to see a bouquet of flowers on the counter with a box of chocolates sitting idly beside it. The note said 'We hope you feel better. Love, your work family.'

It didn't take me long to realize that this was probably Zayn's doing, and the grin that took over my face definitely made me look like an idiot.

But just as fast as I smiled about it, I felt that feeling again. A sting in my heart. A pull. Like I was being suffocated.

It was that same drowning guilt. The one that reminded me of all the things that were so wrong about what I was doing and how much my actions were going to be hurting people in the near future. The thought of it almost had me running to Zayn and telling him everything in hopes that he could help me figure something out.

Something that wouldn't hurt Harry.

I've tried to ignore the idea that Niall somehow knows more than he should about me. It's terrifying to say the least, and it feels like he's lurking in every corner. I hardly feel safe anymore.

And what am I supposed to tell Harry? It feels like I have no one because Jesse isn't much of an option. Neither is Zayn.

I know that Niall can be a threat. He can use me to his advantage in any way that he wants and I'll just have to follow him like a lost puppy.

Granted, he hasn't caused any trouble ever since that night but was that not enough? He left me for dead and I told Harry it was him who jumped me. Now, I'm worried I might have caused problems for myself.

I imagine Harry trying to confront him and everything going down in flames. Niall wouldn't think twice before throwing me under the bus, he doesn't care about me. That worries me even more because if he exposes me, then everything is over.

Everything.

Sometimes I wish I never got myself in this mess. My life would be so much simpler if I wasn't doing this job. I'd probably be at Sugar Beach again with Jesse every night, smiling as I listen to him complain about the cold and be spending my days carefree and out of trouble.