Chapter Thirteen.

We're back in Toronto

Our trip to Portugal was extremely short, almost too short for my liking. It's so beautiful there and even though all I wanted to do was stay beachside at Zayn's house, preferably for the rest of my life, I knew we had to come back.

Our time there felt like a fever dream — the way Harry acted with me was far from what I ever expected from him and seeing the way he acts around Zayn outside of Shark Bait was something I made sure to analyze. He was protective over him, I could see it in his stance and in the way he'd glance over at him every few seconds.

Zayn was the same as well, and it wasn't hard to recognize how much love they have for one another, how much they care and trust one another. Even when Harry was adamant that I share the bed with him, Zayn took it in stride, almost as if he knew that would happen. The fact that Harry and I even cuddled was something I still have yet to wrap my head around, but what I do know is that I secretly loved every fucking second of it.

I don't know how it happened or what was going through both of our heads but all I know is that I wouldn't mind it happening again.

He was like my own personal blanket, warm and soft and everything I never imagined could emit from someone as serious as him. All I remember is us falling asleep, making sure that I kept a good distance from Harry and stayed on my side of the bed. But waking up, it was clear as day that nothing could have prevented our bodies from being pressed together and Harry's face squished between my boobs.

Literally.

I probably woke up a little after he did, feeling exactly how his hand trailed along my waist and how warm he was up against me. I felt him move up to rest his face in the crevice of my neck, his lips brushing against my skin. A part of me knows that the reason I didn't try and stop it is because I liked it, and I know I shouldn't.

There's no mistaking that Harry was also enjoying it a lot more than he let on and I can't help but wonder more about him. Considering that he doesn't even really like me yet, he had no problem forgetting that for a brief moment of attention from me. Is he always like this?

It makes me think that there is definitely something there regarding Harry and his intimacy with people that he doesn't want to share. Maybe the outside exterior he puts on of this hard headed guy is just a facade, something to keep him from letting people in. It's the only way to make sense of his mood swings.

Thinking about Harry always has my head spinning. He's so interesting to me, it only pulls me in more when I know I should be pulling away. I want to learn about his life, the scar that he has on his face, his childhood, his favourite fish, and other things outside of just Shark Bait. I hate that he has this kind of hold on me already.

Seeing him and Zayn around Joseph only peaked my interest even more. With no idea what was being spoken between them at first, I could only rely on their facial expressions and what they told me was that I'd gone and really fucked up things for not only myself, but for Zayn and Harry too.