Chapter Six.

I don't know what's shit in Harry's cereal these past few mornings, but I hate it

Being around him is so difficult, it takes almost all of my patience and strength to not say shit to him no matter how badly I want to. After all, he is my very loving boss. But honestly, I don't even know if I can call him that, my boss. He never talks to me like one, at least not in the same way he talks to Zayn or Dan or Bina. I know it's because he doesn't really know me but I wish he would give me a chance.

Every time I'm around him, he just looks annoyed or frustrated and I never miss the way his jaw clenches and his fingers tighten into fists when I speak. He acts like he hates me and that bothers me a lot. A part of me wants to apologize even though I know I've done absolutely nothing wrong, but the larger part of me wants to continue ignoring his little mood swings.

I have to make him like me no matter how many harsh words or cold fronts he throws my way. I'm just going to have to suck it up and tolerate it if I want to succeed in this case. I know for sure that he is a tough one to crack. He practically hates my fucking guts.

I can't say I make it any easier though when I throw his own words back at him with a smile on my face. He makes it hard to be nice to him but for some reason, I think he likes when I challenge him. I know Zayn does.

Aside from Harry, I like being around everyone else, they're all so warm and kind. Especially Zayn. I always have great conversations with him and he never fails to look at me with a soft smile, one that has me beaming one right back at him no matter how early in the day it is. Zayn and I have come to form a nice friendship.

He's always been nice to me from the start, making it easy for me to open him up. Even in the presence of Harry he still maintains a calm, happy vibe. It makes me wonder how close the two of them are, considering they seem like complete opposites.

Zayn has no problem calling me by my name or shortening it to Indy, but that seems to be too much to ask for when it comes to Harry. Maybe I should start calling him 'Gill' like from Finding Nemo just to piss him off. I bet Zayn would get a kick out of that.

His nickname for me is stupid and he only continues to use it because he got a rise out of me with it. Normally I don't mind if people want to call me something else, Indy is perfectly fine but Blue?

They're not even the same damn colour.

When he interrupted Zayn and I's conversation last week in the hallway, I pretended like I didn't hear him say it and instead was intrigued by the mention of a name that I hadn't heard of yet during my time at Shark Bait, Lionel. I was suddenly attentive when I heard it, not having any luck with possible information I could pass on to Derek and hoping this could change things for me.

I tried asking about it, hoping that I didn't sound too nosy, but was immediately shut down by Harry snapping at me like he always does. I didn't try to press on it too much after that because I didn't want any possible problems but there is no doubt that I went home that night and wrote it into my journal right away.