Chapter Twenty-Nine.

My body is so fucking sore

Waking up this morning feels like I got hit by a truck the night before. It's worse than a bad hangover and I can feel it ripping through my entire body.

As I go to move my hand up to my head, which is throbbing like no tomorrow, I feel a sharp pain run through my sides and I hiss out, arching my back in the bed I'm currently on. A bed that doesn't feel familiar at all, but the scent of it does. Vanilla and saltwater.

That's when it hits me.

My walk home. Being pulled into the alleyway. Niall. Pain. The bracelet. Crawling to Harry's house.

Harry's house.

I showed up here last night and what happened after that? I can't remember at all. It's in that moment that it hits me why the scent is so familiar. It's Harry's scent. The same one that I've started to become obsessed with these last few weeks.

I go to open my eyes, wincing at the pain I'm feeling and as soon as I do, I'm met with my own reflection staring back at me. The first thing I notice is the huge ceiling mirror that Harry has and I can't help the soft gasp that leaves my mouth at the sight of it as my cheeks tint pink.

It's the last thing I was expecting to see.

Next, I notice a sleeping body next to me. My eyes flicker over to look at Harry through the mirror and I swallow tightly before I slowly turn my head to stare at him.

His body is turned towards me, one hand shoved under the pillow and his lips parted as slow breaths leave it. I feel warmth against my stomach and notice that his other hand is resting there, fingers splayed across the expanse of it.

Faint memories of his voice ring in and out of my ears as I try to remember more of yesterday, but I can't really seem to. I was so in and out of consciousness that I remember him talking to me but I can't grasp exactly what it is that he might have said.

I take another quick glance at his face before shifting myself a little and a groan leaves my lips at the pain. Harry immediately shuffles on the bed and I freeze in my spot. I watch as his eyes flutter open and I'm met with the eyes that have permanently etched themselves in my brain.

I softly smile at Harry and he sleepily smiles back at me before realization takes over him and he's quickly scrambling up in bed beside me. "Oh god, Blue." His voice is scratchy, deep and raw in the morning and I'm convinced that this is my new favourite sound.

The first thing I notice is that he's shirtless. I tell myself not to gawk at him but that doesn't go very far when I rake my gaze over him, finally dragging them up to meet his eyes. He notices right away, a small look of amusement on his face before he shakes his head at me.

"Good morning." I softly speak, sheepishly smiling at him and trying to mask the pain I feel. His eyes quickly flicker over my face, taking in what may be the worst I've ever looked and he shuffles himself closer to me, a worried expression taking over the amusement he had just displayed moments before.