Chapter Sixteen.

Indigo

Indigo. A pain in my ass. Gorgeous. Infuriating. A Peach. Funny. Nosy. Blue.

The way my mind has constantly been looping these words over the last few weeks makes everything feel like torture.

Even when I don't want to be thinking about her, I am. Just my fucking luck.

I thought that maybe if we fucked once, I'd get her out of my system and everything would go back to normal but it seems as if the complete opposite has happened. It's hard to think about anything but her and it's been two weeks since Halloween. And that scares me. A lot.

I don't know what the fuck I was thinking throwing the Halloween party at Shark Bait, I don't even like the holidays. I especially hate Halloween.

I know Indigo thinks that we throw parties like this every year, but the truth is....we don't. I'm glad Zayn covered for me because she would have so many fucking questions like the nosy person she is and truthfully, I don't have any answers for her.

I don't know why I threw the party.

It was definitely fucking worth it though. The way her costume fit her body, clinging in just the right spots like it was made just for her had me salivating at the mere sight. Her bright pink hair and thigh high boots were just a bonus. She looked unreal.

I couldn't help the surge of emotions that went through me when I first laid eyes on her, my cock immediately hardened at first glance. I was happy she came because even though she promised Zayn that she would, I didn't know if she'd show up. Maybe she had better things to do.

Not everyone is alone like me on holidays.

I did, although, feel a little self-conscious under her stare. I knew I was in the Sharkboy costume, and as adamant as Zayn is, I didn't get grumpy about it. I just thought I should match with her, that's all. Plus, Zayn had a backup costume anyways, I didn't have one at all.

I can't explain how I felt when I watched her and Zayn interact, her hand around his waist as she smiled up at him. She looked so happy and there's no denying how gorgeous she looks when she smiles but a part of me, a very, very, small part, wished that it was me she was smiling at like that instead.

That was enough to make me walk away from them, not seeing any reason to be there any longer. They were in their own little world. But when I saw Zayn's office door open and then close shut behind them, I had to see what was happening. I didn't even think twice.

Opening the door, I was momentarily stunned and the image of her perched on Zayn's lap like that is permanently engraved in my brain. I don't know what came over me but there was no way in fucking hell that I was going to let anything happen between the two of them. At least not without me.

It was worth every second.

Zayn and I have encountered scenarios like this before, typically at bars or clubs, sometimes me initiating it and other times him. I wasn't uncomfortable when it happened between us and Indy and I know she wasn't either.