Chapter Three.

I forgot how boring it was to have a normal eight hour day job

Working at Shark Bait has brought me back to my high school days, working at American Eagle and wanting to ram my head through a wall. This ticket sales job is agonizing and so very boring, I just stand here all day giving out tickets to families with wailing children or loved up couples. Luckily after years of practice I've got my customer service face and voice down pat but internally, I'm dying.

I'm not cut out for this stuff, I put it all behind me when I started this job but I forget that sometimes in order to fit in the way I need to, going back to the roots is necessary. I can't say I miss it though.

My routine is the same, wake up early in the morning at the ass crack of dawn and trudge all the way to downtown Toronto, with the traffic being the absolute worst. Being crammed on the subway that early in the morning is the last thing I want to do. I have to get up even earlier than I usually do and hell, I am not a morning person.

At all.

By the time I get to Shark Bait I always make it about five minutes before my shift starts. I should probably get there a bit earlier than that but me even being awake that early in the morning is a feat all on its own — they should consider themselves lucky.

It's always dead silent when I enter Shark Bait in the mornings. I don't know who unlocks the doors and shit when I get there but I'm thankful that I'm not the one who has to go around turning on all the lights and everything. As soon as I scan the bracelet and log into the computer, I always race into the back to quickly make a cup of coffee. The pot is always warm and freshly brewed which saves me some time.

Waiting for the first customer of the day is always the worst but at least I have some pretty flowers to look at. Zayn always brings in a bouquet of them every few days and they're always so pretty. "Just a little something nice," he said this afternoon as he brought in a gorgeous bundle of daisies and daffodils. He handed them to me and left me in charge of grabbing a vase from the back for them before setting them up on the ticket counter. They're always wrapped so nicely too, I keep meaning to ask him where he gets them cause I'd love to bring some home to Jesse, he's a sucker for flowers.

My co-workers Bina and Dan are nice too. They've instantly made me feel welcome during my first week here but I can't help but to think that they're a part of all the illegal business going on in the back. That doesn't seem to be the case though much to my relief, they're both just kids in college working a summer job. Spending all my days with them has forced us to make small talk which helps make the time pass by.

I've seen Zayn a bit too, he helped me get settled in on my first day and introduced me to my co-workers. I've seen him pretty much every single day but I can't say the same about Harry, I haven't seen him at all yet. I know he's around because I've heard Zayn say his name over the phone when I've walked by his office but that's about it.