Chapter Eight.

"Good God Indy, tonight better end with you in my bed

"Good God Indy, tonight better end with you in my bed."

Jesse's words put a smile on my face as I walk around Shark Bait in my unbearably uncomfortable heels. I can feel the strings of them tightening around my lower calf with each step I take, my short, strapless, white dress clinging to every curve of my body as I weave through the crowds.

This is my first event of Shark Bait's that I'm able to attend and I can't deny how excited I am. It's been a while since I've attended any sort of formal event. Jesse had a great time helping me pick out a dress, laying on my bed as he watched me try on at least ten dresses before I settled on this one. 

I can't lie and say that I wasn't thrilled when Zayn came up to me to tell me all about it. I really didn't think I'd be asked to come to anything even remotely like this considering I've only just started, and it seems more of a private event but I'm happy nonetheless.

It also gives me a reason to leave the house and I'm going to try and have a good time tonight even if Harry is probably here shooting daggers at me from a hiding spot of his.

Like he always does.

The only time I ever really leave the confines of my home is when I visit Jesse or when he's forcing me to go on a night out with him, which is nearly impossible nowadays with me actually having to work like "a normal fucking person" as Jesse likes to say.

It took me a week before it finally settled in that I was going, which resulted in me sitting in my house freaking the fuck out about a potential outfit that would be appropriate enough to wear to this event.

Apparently Shark Bait hosts these events once at the beginning of every month, sometimes twice if there's a holiday like Halloween or Christmas. The one tonight is a black tie theme but in just a few weeks they're throwing a Halloween one as well. I need to figure out a costume, assuming I'm still here by then.

I take a sip of my gin and sprite, aimlessly wandering around by myself. I tried to find Bina or Dan earlier but I've yet to see them, and I can't find Zayn or Harry either. The place is packed which only makes it harder to pick people out. The live music is loud and smooth, the chatter is boisterous and exciting, and the drinks and appetizers just keep on coming.

I don't know the reason as to why they hold events like this. Maybe it's to keep the general public interested and entertained, or maybe it's just for the hell of it. The journalist in me is telling me it's something more than that and I'm hoping tonight I find out exactly what.

The alcohol does little to settle my stomach. If anything, it only makes it churn more. At this realization, I quickly make my way to one of the food tables and sneak a couple mini spring rolls onto my napkin, eating them with efficiency and anxiousness. The little voice inside of my head becomes louder as I toss my empty drink cup and napkin into the trash. You should have brought Jesse, it says.