Chapter 113

I sit up on a cold surface. Looking around me, I notice nothing but grey walls and cracked stone tiles.

Everything feels weird. It's like I'm alive but I'm dead.

In the corner of the room, I spot a green hooded figure staring out of a window, watching what's going on outside just like a tv.

"So... you finally died huh? Why did you do it? Everything you did caused others pain. Please, just tell me why." I watch as Dream turns to me with a sad expression.

"I did it because I wanted to be liked. I thought that if I had power, everyone would respect me." He sighs, watching the window in front of him.

Through the window I see George talking to a group with DreamXD behind him. The group is everyone from Las Nevadas. My family.

I notice Quackity sobbing on his knees, holding onto a body. My dead body.

"Y/N do you want to know why I craved power?"

I turn to Dream and nod my head, curious about his origin story.

"When I was younger, no one in my village liked me. They didn't even better an eyelid my way. Even my parents treated me as if I didn't exist. Then one day, our village was sent up into flames and everyone blamed it on me. It wasn't me Y/N."

I can't help but feel bad for him, despite all the terrible things he has done. We've all had our fair share of wrongdoings.

"I know it wouldn't have been you. I believe you Dream. I'm so sorry that you had to go through all of that." I say, watching the scene through the window play out.

Quackity keeps on crying and I can tell everyone else is too.

Then I feel a pair of arms wrap around me. Dream cries into my shoulder which makes me feel bad for him. Knowing what he's been through, it must hard for him.

I gently rub his back, allowing him to cry out all his tears. I try to soothe him as much as possible whilst watching out the window.

"Y-Y/N? There's something I need to tell you." Dream wipes away the rest of his tears.

"What is it?" I ask.

"The revival book. I didn't give it to you because it got taken from me. One day it just disappeared. I tried to memorize it as much as possible. But... it's gone." He sighs.

I sadly nod my head, knowing that there is no other way back home. Now Dream and I are just two lost souls stuck in limbo.

"Wait... hold on. What if... oh my god..." Dream looks out the window with wide eyes.

"What? What's wrong?" I begin to panic, watching him as a huge smile makes it's way across his face.

"There's another way. DreamXD. He's a god... right? Maybe he can bring us back." Dream smiles at me. A genuine smile.

"But how do we communicate to him? We're in limbo. We can't talk to the living." I furrow my brows at him.

"Or maybe we can..."

Dream raises his fist, slamming it against the window. For a split second, DreamXD looks over but his attention is drawn back to the group.

"Oh my god. Keep hitting it!" I yell.

At the same time as Dream, I repeatedly slam my fist against the glass. DreamXD says something to the group before disappearing into another void.

Behind us, the same void opens up and DreamXD floats out.

"Hold shit it worked! You're a genius!" I exclaim, smiling at Dream who looks a little bit embarrassed at the compliment.

"DreamXD. I'm sorry for everything I've ever done. I know it was wrong and I'm so sorry. But please, can I ask one favor of you?" Dream almost begs.

DreamXD nods but remains silent. Dream looks at me with a smile, tears threatening to spill once again.

"Take Y/N and get out of here. Please revive Y/N." Dream says and I widen my eyes.

"What? No! I'm not leaving without you!" I shout.

DreamXD grabs my arm but I pull it back.

"Stop it! I'm not going without him... please." I look at the god, waiting for a response.

"Very well..." DreamXD's voice echoes. He grabs Dream's arm, leading him through the portal first.

For a moment, I watch through the window, seeing the portal open on the other side. Everyone begins shouting at Dream whilst DreamXD opens up the portal once again.

I step through and I suddenly jolt away, taking in a deep breath.

"Oh my god! Y/N!" Quackity exclaimed, pulling me in for a tight hug.

I wrap my arms around him, leaning into his embrace.

"I missed you."

I smile, tears of joy flowing down my cheeks.

A shadow is cast over the two of us on the floor. I look up at Dream who has a guilty expression on his face.

"You. You stay away from us!" Quackity jumps up to defend us against Dream but I pull him back to stop him.

"Love, stop. It's okay." I reassure him.

Dream looks at me with a thankful look, giving me a small smile. I pull him in for a hug which confuses everyone.

"Thank you." He pulls away with a smile which confuses everyone.

"Um... Tubbo?" Tommy gets his best friends attention. He points behind Tubbo who turns around.

Ranboo is stood with his head held low, his hands fiddling together and his tail between his legs.

Tubbo walks up to Ranboo and stares at him for a moment. He then wraps his arms around him in a comforting way.

The members of the eggpire also feel guilty, apologising to everyone for everything that happened.

"So this is it then?" We turn to Wilbur who is staring at each of us.

"The war is over Will. It's not too late for you to join us." I hold out my hand.

Quackity stands to my left and Dream stands to my right. Wilbur stares at us for a few more seconds but he slowly walks up to us, a weak smile on his face.

He then breaks down, sobbing into my shoulder.

At least he chose the right side.