Chapter 88

My body is exhausted. Months and months of fighting for what I believe is right could all come crumbling down at the hands of the man that once called himself my brother. The man who took down a nation for his own personal reasons.

He doesn't care. He doesn't even want to try to care. Poor Ranboo has to suffer by his side just because he chose to work with him.

But the line between the good side and the bad side has been blurred out. Everyone does the things they do for their own benefit. So why is Ranboo working with Wilbur?

I slowly peel my eyes open, staring up at the patterned ceiling above me. I let out a small hiss as the wounds on my leg sting in pain.

My headache slowly goes away as I tilt my head to the side, watching as Quackity lays his head on the bed next to me. The chair he is sat in seems uncomfortable as he lets out a few soft snores.

I smile, running my hand over his cheek gently, waking him up in the softest way possible.

Once he opens his eyes, he quickly shakes away his tiredness, checking up on me.

"Y/N mi amor! You're awake, how you feeling?" He softly asks seemingly happy that I'm awake.

"I'm fine Quackity. But I'm sorry. I know I've said this before but I truly am sorry." I give him a sad smile, bringing my hand to his cheek.

He gives me a soft but passionate kiss to my lips, not like any other time before. This time, the kiss seems like both an apology and forgiveness.

When he pulls away from me gently, he wraps his arms around me as I sit up on the bed, careful not to hurt my leg.

"Pleasw don't apologise Y/N. You mean more than anything in the world to me. It's me who should be sorry and I am. Truly." He gives me a sad smile which I return.

I'm glad I have the old Quackity back.

"So... do you wanna tell me what happened? If not, I understand." He runs his fingers through my hair gently and I give him a small nod.

"No, it's okay. I can tell you. But it's probably easier if I show you." I reply and he looks at me with a questioning look.

"Quackity I don't know how to explain what happened without showing you the damage." My voice wavers a little bit, hoping that he doesn't blame me for Wilbur and Ranboo's actions.

"Damage? What do you mean damage?" He asks, concern now laced in his voice.

I get up from the bed, trying not to move the visible bandages which cover the entirety of my lower leg. I gently take his hand, pulling him into the elevator.

"Y/N, what's going on?" He says with a little bit of fear in his voice. Once the elevator doors close, I turn to him with a worried look.

"The restaurant."

He raises his eyebrow, completely confused. I must seem like I've gone mad. But he'll see.

I limp my way through the casino, still gripping my boyfriend's hand as I lead him towards the exit. I get some strange looks but I ignore each and every one of them.

When we make it out to the street, a small group of people are crowded around the messed up restaurant.

I didn't quite get to see the damage before but it's quite bad. The shattered glass and brick on the floor. The small amount of smoke left from the explosion yesterday.

"What the fuck?" Quackity says under his breath, running towards the restaurant as I limp over to him.

He stands in the entrance, staring at the medium sized crater in the corner with the sign.

"Quackity I'm sorry. I promise I had nothing to do with this. I tried to stop him." I stand to his left as he continues to stare at the sign, the evidence that Wilbur and Ranboo left behind.

Suddenly, Quackity wraps his arms around me gently, allowing me to melt into his touch. I lay my head on his chest, listening to the soft beat of his heart.

"I know it wasn't you Y/N. Even if it was, I wouldn't be mad. Do you know why?" He asks and I look at him, pulling away slightly.

"Why?"

"Because I love you Y/N. You could blow up Las Nevadas completely and I wouldn't care. Because I love you and I always will." He strokes the side of my face, giving me a soft smile before turning back to the damage caused.

"So you're not mad?" I ask, a bit surprised that he's not currently trying to plot war against Wilbur and Ranboo.

"No. Well... I mean, I am a little bit but that doesn't matter. Besides, this place needed some renovation anyway. This only gives me an excuse to work on this place." He admits.

I stare at the crater before walking over to it. I kick down the sign which Wilbur left, breaking it in two. Just like he keeps breaking everyones hearts over an over again from the pain he's caused us.

"What if we have a fish tank? In the corner here which will cover up the explosion damage. We could have a few salmon in there?" I suggest with a smile.

Quackity thinks about it but nods shortly after.

"I like that idea. Might add a bit of life to this place. Maybe should repaint the walls a bit too. Maybe change the colour of the glass." He adds which sounds like a great idea.

By now, the crowd have gotten bored and dispersed back into the hustle and bustle of the casino, leaving Quackity and I alone.

I don't plan on telling Quackity about their burger van just yet. Because Wilbur is only trying start a feud which will only end badly.

Because now he's got himself an unhealthy competition.