Chapter 107

The sound of the ocean washing up against the shore gets louder and louder as we near the edge of Las Nevadas.

"So who exactly lives here? You haven't told me who I'm supposed to be meeting." Quackity asks with a small breathy laugh.

"Stay here. I'll be back." I sit him down on a large rock next to the ocean. I walk towards the shore, looking out onto the peaceful sea.

I wonder for a minute, trying to think of a plan to get Sally's attention. Then I remember the conch shell she gave me.

I pull the small shell out of my pocket and place the small opening of it to my parted lips, blowing into it. The shell makes a sort of horn sound.

I wait for a few seconds until I see the familiar glow of Sally's hair, her red tail flipping out of the water briefly as she swims closer.

"What the fuck is that!?" Quackity exclaims, running over to my side, gripping my wrist to try and pull me away.

"Hello again Y/N." Sally says, emerging from the water, her tail turning to human legs as she dries off.

"Hello Sally. I'd like you to meet my husband. Quackity, this is Sally. Sally this is my husband Quackity." I introduce the two.

Quackity stares at Sally with wide eyes, probably from shock.

"Hello Quackity. I've heard so much about you." Sally smiles at Quackity but he just keeps on staring.

"Love, stop staring." I laugh, nudging my husband to pull him out of his trance.

"I-I..." he can't process anything that is happening at all. Sally looks at him confused due to him not even being able to form a sentence.

I place my hand over my face, shaking my head slightly.

"Oh. I see.... you've never seen someone like me before, have you?" Sally kindly asks Quackity who shakes his head as a response.

"No I haven't. What are you like, part salmon?" Quackity asks, completely clueless and I gently whack him over the back of his head.

He reaches up and holds his head where I lightly hit him.

"Don't be rude." I joke and he crosses his arms like a child.

"Y/N it's okay. And I guess you could say I'm part salmon." Sally responds politely, smiling at the pair of us.

Quackity shakes his head a little bit and holds out his hand towards Sally.

"Sorry. Let me start over. My name's Quackity. It's nice to meet you." He says as Sally gently shakes his hand.

"I'm Sally. It's lovely to finally meet you Quackity." She says in a sweet tone. I smile at the two of them, knowing that they will get along just fine.

"So Quackity, how did you meet Y/N? I've been told a few things about you but Y/N never mentioned how you met." Sally curiously asks.

Quackity and I go silent for a moment. But when we make eye contact, we burst out laughing.

"What? What's so funny about that?" Sally asks completely unaware of the funny story of how we met.

"Well you see, about that... Quackity and I kind of started out as enemies in a way." I say and turn to Quackity who has a sheepish look on his face.

"Oh? How so?"

"Well after we created L'manburg and the few wars, it was decided that there should be an election to see who should be the president. Quackity here, decided to run against us. So naturally, we started off as enemies." I finish, looking between Sally and Quackity.

"So you hated Y/N?" Sally asks Quackity but he instantly begins shaking his head in denial.

"No! Well... not really. From the moment I saw Y/N, I knew that I didn't hate them. Y/N was different from anyone else. I could tell from the moment I first layed eyes on Y/N that I liked them. But Y/N kept shooting me down." My husband says which makes me roll my eyes.

"Love, you kept pestering me. You were such a little flirt too." I mess with him a little which causes him to glare at me slightly.

"No I didn't. And I didn't flirt with you, you flirted with me." He gets all defensive and Sally let's out a laugh.

"That's definitely not historically correct. Remember the time I was practicing my archery?" I remind him of the time he kept flirting with me when I was trying to practice. The time he stood so close to me that I could feel his breath on the back of my neck.

He goes to speak but decides against it, a slight blush dusting across his cheeks.

"Oh. I see how it is now. This is just like the time Wilbur and I met." Sally laughs which causes Quackity to look at her in shock.

"You know Wilbur?" He asks, completely clueless.

Sally smiles sadly, nodding her head a little. She goes on to tell Quackity the whole story between them. They could have had such a good life together.

But it was never meant to be.

"Wait, so Fundy is your son?" Quackity asks, trying to process everything that Sally just told him. She nods her head and Quackity stares out into the distance for a moment or two.

"It's a small world love. Everyone knows someone who you know. In a way, it's just an ongoing chain of everyone knowing each other." I say which obviously confuses him more.

"I'm gonna pretend that I understood what you just said." He smiles and I laugh at his clueless mind.

"I think you two better start heading off. It's getting dark." Sally says. I didn't even notice that the sun is going down.

"Okay Sally. I will see you again soon." I smile her way and she nods. Quackity and I turn to walk away but stop when Sally calls out my name.

"Y/N wait! Keep the shell on you at all times. If you need me, for anything at all, just blow into it and I'll be there." She smiles, pulling me into a hug.

"I will."

She nods, pulling away from me as she dives back into the ocean.

"She was nice. Strange, but nice." Quackity laughs and I wrap my arms around him.

We then walk back to Las Nevadas in peace.