Chapter 36

Quackity an I are the last ones to walk down the corridor to the secret meeting room. Tubbo, Ranboo and Fundy are already sat around the table in the centre of the room.

Each of us stays quiet for a moment. Silence running through the room as we look at each other in a deathly silence.

"Big Q, Y/N... what happened out there?" Tubbo asks, referring to our losing fight against Technoblade.

"It's Dream..." Quackity whispers at an almost inaudible volume. I clench my fist, slamming it against the wall.

"It's always been Dream! He's always interfering with everything!" I yell as Ranboo flinches slightly. I send him an apologetic look as he calms down.

"What did Dream do?" Tubbo asks, gesturing for Quackity and I to sit down at the table.

"We followed Technoblade through the fucking tunnel. As soon as we get there, he's fucking thanking Dream." I start and the others look at me in confusion.

"What?" Tubbo raises his voice but it isn't a shout. He seems just as surprised as everyone else in the room.

"Fundy, you saw Dream walk out of there. Did you not see him-"

"I saw- I saw Dream yeah. I did see him for a split second." Fundy answers Quackity.

"See! It's always Dream, Tubbo. Dream is always getting fucking involved with all these people and all these matters that don't even concern him." Quackity tells the president who runs a hand over his face.

"But he's on our side-"

"No he's not! Open your fucking eyes Tubbo! Dream has never been on our side! What about the time he placed TNT at the gates of L'manburg? What about the time he and Tommy had that duel and Tommy nearly died because of him!" I get angry at the thought of Dream.

"He's always against us at every moment he gets. He always involves himself in situations that don't concern him!" I carry on but try to calm myself down as I see Fundy and Ranboo flinch slightly.

"He helped Techno escape. Where do you think Punz came from Tubbo?" Quackity asks him and Tubbo's expression turns to one of realisation.

"Oh my god."

"Ohh you're right." Fundy agrees with us, putting two and two together. Fitting all the pieces together like a jigsaw puzzle.

"Punz just showed up out of nowhere. We told no one. Unless... Ranboo told them." Quackity looks towards Ranboo in an accusatory manner.

Ranboo widens his eyes and fiddles with his fingers, his tail swishing slightly from being nervous.

"No I didn't say anything. You guys were with me the entire time! I couldn't have said anything." Ranboo defends himself and the others try asking more questions.

The room becomes a mess of noise. People pointing fingers at one another to try figure out what caused this to happen.

"I believe Ranboo." I speak up and everyone goes silent. Ranboo gives me a thankful look and I nod my head towards him. "He was with us the entire time. It couldn't have been him."

"Yeah you're right." They all agree with me and I see Ranboo visibly relax, his tail stopping motion from being nervous.

"What do we do now big Q?" Tubbo asks and Quackity thinks for a moment.

"Well we have two people on our hit list..." Quackity starts but with a sudden spurt of rage, he begins tearing down the wanted posters of Technoblade off the wall.

"Fuck this shit man! None of this even matters anymore! Who's next on the hit list? It's fucking Dream, Tubbo. So you know what we're gonna do? We're gonna get Dream." Quackity gives the next plan of action.

But if we're gonna catch and kill Dream, that's going to need a lot of planning. He won't be an easy target.

"Hear me out big Q. If we get Dream, we can't just go around stabbing him okay? We have to be smart about it." Tubbo tells us and we all nod.

"But we're gonna get him Tubbo! I'm gonna kill him no matter what! We've suffered enough. Now it's time for a role reversal." I speak up and Tubbo nods.

"Well we have to come up with some sort of plan. Do you have any ideas?" Tubbo asks and I shake my head.

"Okay... here's what I suggest. Do you remember what Schlatt did to you?" Tubbo looks at me and I instantly feel cold at the memory. I can tell by the look in Tubbo's eyes that he instantly regrets his choice of words but I simply nod, wanting to get onto devising a plan to kill Dream.

"He had a festival... I say, we have our own festival. Our own L'manburg festival to celebrate our friendship between our nation and Dream. But really... it's just a plot to kill him." Tubbo announces and I think for a moment.

Could that really work? Would he believe it after Quackity and I's fight with Techno?

"That might work." Fundy says, joining Tubbo's side. Ranboo joins them as well, wanting to go ahead with the plan.

"What about you two? Are you in?" Tubbo asks Quackity and I.

"I'm in." I join Tubbo's side, the four of us waiting for Quackity to give his answer.

"I just want him dead Tubbo. I want him gone. So that's what we're gonna do. We'll run the festival and we'll say we wanna celebrate our friendship or whatever. History repeats itself Tubbo. We're going to kill Dream." Quackity finishes as we all nod in agreement.

"As much as I believe history shouldn't repeat itself, I agree that this is the best plan. Our country needs to come into power and we can't have that with Dream around." I tell the president of our nation who fully agrees with my statement.

"It's settled then. We plan our festival and set up decorations. We tell no one about what's really happening. And when it's time... you can do the deed." Tubbo hands Quackity a diamond axe. The weapon that will hopefully end Dream once and for all.

"That's settled then... we have a festival to plan."